One month out and the turning point

Options
I am one month from my WLS and it seems to be a turning point for starting to feel more normal. I feel well, and my energy is back so I can work a full day and still exercise. I am in the puréed foods stage, but have been able to socialize without too much problems. I am also gluten intolerant, so people aren't too surprised that I eat little at a party.

I already have removed a lot of pants from my closet. I can see the day in the future when I won't have any pants to wear! I really like to follow posts from my fellow losers who have walked this walk, and have good advice and experiences to share.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I am SO sorry you are on such a conservative regimen. I was on soft foods by 2 weeks post op! :( Sounds like you are handling it really well, though. And about those pants... yeah.... you might want to locate a good thrift store or 2 in your area. :)
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on one month out. I was on a liquid only regimen for the first three weeks and even now I am only on liquids, eggs, soft cheese, poultry, and fish. I know other members have used Goodwill or thrift shops to buy clothes as they lose weight and consign or donate the bigger clothes. I am looking forward to that! :smiley:
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey so far! One month out was also the turning point for me. And trust me... things just get better and better from there. (Or at least they did for me). I am now a year and a half post op and life is great! The sleeve was a life saver/changer for me and I'm grateful for it every day! Wishing you much success on your journey!!