I thought this was a fitness board

Options
just sayin.....

Replies

• ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    and this is a group of lgbt individuals who are on the same weight loss journey. just sayin'

* or fitness journey for those of us who aren't necessarily losing weight
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    *Intersectionality* just sayin.....

It's a lifestyle forum as much as anything. Health/fitness/weight loss are a lifestyle. The very reason they allow groups on this site is to further the community bond by identifying relatable peers and allies.
  • tylermx80
    Options
    I would have to agree with scuba, its a fitness app and fitness group inside said app, there are places for various things, and a place like this not a forum for topics like marriage equality, personals, coming out stories, etc etc its for meeting others with similiar interests to aid people in their fitness quest, to have open discussions regarding fitness/diet related topics etc
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There's more to fitness than the physical aspect. mental health is just as important. this forum is a safe place for people to express their identities and get help with issues that others might not struggle with, i.e. coming out or marriage equality as mentioned above. when posting something about being LGBT on the main forums , the threads are locked and deleted within a few hours; even if i say, "hi, i'm thepinkpanda, i'm a lesbian looking to gain some muscle." innocent enough, right?

LGBT is as much a part of identity (at least for me) as being a wife/mother/christian etc. might be for someone else. I came to this group to find individuals that i can relate to, even if it isn't strictly about physical health. I've learned about people, I've made friends and hey, we even discuss fitness and cheer for each other on our walls.

If you have a physical fitness topic or question, post up a new thread instead of lamenting about the lack of physical fitness topics. You will find there have been a few, especially for our trans community looking for information about working out with hormones. If you aren't interested in the other aspects of the community, no one is making you read those threads.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ^well said. There are tons of other non-fitness related groups on this site. Not sure what the problem is here.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree with Pink Panda. What about the entire "Chit Chat/Just for Fun" message board -- very little on that board has anything directly related to fitness. But it's a way for community members to connect.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    mind body and soul. You cant be healthy in one without the others. It's total fitness not just weight loss.
  • xmissglamourx
    xmissglamourx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People just have to hate...haters gonna hate lol
  • scuba6randy
    scuba6randy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Who's hating? I'm a fitness-conscious gay man! I was excited to see the GLBT group, but surprised and curious why there weren't more fitness topics within this group. That's all I was saying. I do agree about mental and physical health going hand in hand, however, especially in our community.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're hating. But you have thrown down the gauntlet. The onus is on you to start up a fitness thread...