Gastric Sleeve

Options
Hi my name is Sarah, I am going to have the Gastric Sleeve done on the 30 December. I am on the milk diet till then. I started the diet on the 2/12/14, I was just wondering if any of you can give me adivice on what to expect from now on. I can't beleive after waiting for years to have this operation it is finally being done. Thank you Sarah

Replies

• wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what the milk diet is. It seems that each doctor has their own way of doing things---even our diets after surgery can be different.I will add you as a friend---the more people you talk to--the better understanding of things... Donna
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery date! My advice is to research and then research some more. Ask as many questions as you can. I have not heard of the milk diet but each program is different. Best of luck!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate on your Milk diet...this is a new 1 to me!
  • hitchcock2
    Options
    Hi, the milk diet is drinking semi skimmed milk only, I can one cup of oxo a day and drink and least two litres of fluids a day, I can drink tea as long as I use the milk from my allowance which is Fresh Milk Semi Skimmed, 2272 ml = 4 pints a day. I have to take multi vitamins each day as well. No sugar is allowed as well so has to be sweetners. I spread out the milk to 5 times a day, which is working. I am not hungry with this which is quite suppriseing as I am a big eater. I am losing about 2 to 3lbs a day, which has shocked me....
    Sarah
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great news! Surgery and pre and post op diets seem to be different for everyone. Just listen to your doctor and try your best to stay focused on the end result. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have found that a strong group of "friends" on my feed help me get through the ups and downs. Good luck!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There are are three bariatric groups in MFP with good threads, this one is the smallest. Best thing you can do is join the other two and read some of the questions and answers. Will give you a good idea and help you see what questions you may need to ask.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think your asking what to expect post-op: The deal is not everyone willl have exactly the same experience. Most of us are not hungry at all at first. Getting enough water in the first few weeks is hard 36 - 48 oz before surgery this won't sound like hard thing to do but after it is, think a tablespoon full every 5 minutes for 16hours a day. (I didn't do the math) but you see what I mean. When I was working as a nurse in the hospital most of my patients had little or no complaints the most common thing was waking up and feeling like OMG what have I done.

I hope this helps
  • lonirrt
    lonirrt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery date! My advice is to research and then research some more. Ask as many questions as you can. I have not heard of the milk diet but each program is different. Best of luck!!

• lonirrt
    lonirrt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The sleeve is a tool, an amazing tool that gives you the ability to start new at making healthy choices. It is an amazing ride. Ask questions, fund friends that will support you