Does anyone have a Charge? Do you like it?

Options
I have had a One for awhile. Other than the lame sleep wristband I like it. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Charge? What do you like or not like about it? I am thinking of giving myself a Christmas gift and am interested in your experiences.

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've had my One since last April and just got the Charge a few weeks ago. I like it. Some days. Today is one of those days. Other days I get frustrated with it and switch back to my One, vowing to return the Charge. Until I switch back again....

Pros:
    1. You don't have to worry about forgetting it when you change clothes.
    2. You don't have to wear a velcro wrist band that doesn't secure very well when you sleep.
    3. You don't have to remember to start and stop your sleep timer.
    4. You can easily check your step count without your phone or turning your pocket (or whatever) inside out.
    5. You get a satisfying (although unnecessary) buzz when you hit your daily goal.
    6. Unlike some of the earlier models, the wristband is secure.
    7. It has caller ID. I don't really need it, but it's a nice feature.

Cons:
    • The clock display does not stay on, so checking the time is a two handed operation.
    • It takes longer, sometimes several minutes, to synch.
    • It still tracks steps when holding onto a shopping cart or lawnmower, but it tracks fewer than the actual steps. If I remember to do it, I take the Charge off and put it in my pants pocket when my arms aren't going to be swinging naturally. The leg motion helps to give accurate results.
    • The time between battery charges is a little better than half that of the One.

I wish I could make up my mind on whether I want to keep it. They come with a 45 day return period. With my luck, I'll make up my mind once and for all on day 46.
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like your list. Thanks! It still doesn't make up my mind. You either. lol.
  • just_dad
    just_dad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have had the one for 2 years. I loved it. But I kept losing it in the laundry as well. I upgraded to the Charge on Black Friday. I love it!!! All for the reasons posted above. I actually forget I have it on every now and then. I would not return to the one.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I got the charge a couple of days ago. I like being able to see the stats on my wrist. Visually, it keeps me motivated. That's about all the pros I have, haha.
  • Coolravens
    Coolravens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got the Charge HR today and I'm still trying to figure out if I will keep it. I tend to wear things low on my wrest and the set up wants you to wear it higher up about a fingers width above your wrest bone. I do not mind that it's a 2 handed device to see the time and steps taken, but I can say I am loving the heart monitoring part. With a quick glance I was able to stay within my heart rate zone easily (an issue of mine now resolved). I will be trying out the sleep monitoring tonight (something I'm looking forward to reviewing). Aside from the fact that it's a rather masculine looking tracker and kinda bulky on my wrest- it fits well and I think I might keep it.
  • lfrazier2482
    Options
    How did you get the Charge HR? I have been looking at that one also. The Fitbit site still says "coming soon".
  • lfrazier2482
    Options
    I see that people who got them signed up for email notifications. I gave them my email today. maybe I will get one in the next batch.
  • Denisebar
    Denisebar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is my first day with my charge and I quite like it.it is comfortable and seems accurate,hoping it gives me a motivation to get moving.I have found the arrival of the cold weather detrimental to my exercise goals.
  • Coolravens
    Coolravens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I see that people who got them signed up for email notifications. I gave them my email today. maybe I will get one in the next batch.

Glad you found out about the email notifications. So far they are only offering them in black, but most of us seem to be good with that. I do know of two people who received the same early release emails just yesterday - so they are still sending them out. But you can always call customer service and order over the phone while they still have some in stock.
  • Cre27
    Cre27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My only problem with the FLEX is seeing it track arm movement as steps which I feel is not actually being actual data. The CHARGE sound the same!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, it doesn't track arm movement as steps. It mainly sees the step impacts despite the arm movement.

But it is easier to fool of course, as the right kind of arm movement can appear as some steps, and the right kind of non-movement can miss steps.

But it is not counting arm movement and assuming steps.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I like mine. It doesnt seem to over or undercount. The wristband is pretty secure (if somewhat small. I ordered a small as I have small wrists and it was too small and I had destroyed the packaging getting it out! Ended up connecting it by only one connector instead of both which solved it and it still rarely came off unless I was fiddling around and snagged it on something. So impressive).

It gives what I consider an accurate burn for steps walked (my vivofit was ridiculously stingy and would give me 200 cals for a 12 hour nursing shift) and does the extras like sleep, alarm, cals burned etc. It looks nice on my wrist where my garmin looked tacky. I like the buzzing when I hit my goal. It seems to have a good battery life Ive had mine a cpl of weeks now and only charged it twice, last being yesterday. It works in my pocket when Im at work and not allowed to wear anythng on my wrist.

All a win. As long as it lasts longer than my One did (10 mnths and Id lost the receipt)
  • margaretlovell884
    Options
    I swapped my Flex for a Charge a month or so ago. I like everything about the Charge except that I have to take it off when I shower. I stopped wearing a watch when I retired and I'm finding it's nice to use the Charge for the time as well as the exercise, sleep, and alarm features.