Day 81: Friday, December 12, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
If you believe in 80/20 rule then by all means go for 80% of results in 20% of time. I will not rush into that though. This challenge is proving to be a warm up for the sequel.

Lot of storms and that seems good for LA but will certainly impact the commute.

Keep going. Only two more milestones left. Will update rankings sometime on weekend (I hope).

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good rule of thumb. I use it with my eating habits. I have to have my treats daily or I will seriously fall off the wagon and go on a big binge. This will come in handy now as we are in the home stretch of our 100 days and we have Christmas and New Years to wade through. Make a plan now and be ready. Use the 80/20 to guide you and remember a couple of nice big tasty holiday meals will not derail you, it's only a couple of days in your life. This is a lifelong journey nit simply a 100 day trip.
    Enjoy your weekend all!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Agree. No point in doing something insane to try to reach the aggressive goal that I set (I was looking to lose 19.4 pounds, so far have lost 8.6 instead). I'm hoping at this point to get below 175 (another 0.8lbs) and would be overjoyed if I can reach 10lbs lost during this challenge (another 1.4lbs). Both of those are reachable in the next couple of weeks, so I'm aiming for those instead of my original goal.

I met my goals yesterday.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. P90X: Plyometrics (ugh, I have a love/hate relationship with this one...)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Amin to all the sanity that's here!
    I personalized my 80/20 rule a long time ago: I eat 80% perfect 100% of the time. My daily sugar in my coffee is my little daily treat and I have noticed that if I mess with that too much, I get cravings and eat something sweet later.
    As far as goal, I think I'm in a good spot, set an achievable target and at this point I'm just going to carry on what I'm doing without changing.
    For the holidays ahead, I made a plan: I will go Christmas shopping ( food and treats) next Friday! That means that I will have less time to indulge and this week should be smooth sailing.
    Eating my regular meals before hunger strikes will also help avoid the temptation to just snack on the treats.
    It's the season to enjoy life and be happy!!!!
    Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady has been my motto throughout this challenge, and I've loved the milestones. 20lbs in 100 days was ambitious, but reasonable, given my start weight and goal weight, and the fact that if I achieve this goal, I'll still be 30lbs away from a healthy BMI.

I'm a few pounds away from hitting the goal, and I'm really looking forward to it. Also looking forward to setting up my goal for the next 100 Days challenge, which I think will be to lose 16lbs, or roughly 1.1 lbs a week. Slow and steady!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    one of the things that I have loved about this challenge is that it has been acceptable to change/tailor our goals along the way (which I have done about 3 times now).

I also love the milestones, check-ins and spreadsheet. When you have a LOT to lose it can get discouraging but things like this help you focus on the little victories along the way and not get too overwhelmed.
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today, after a long week at work and a 11k-run under a cold, pouring rain, my only rule for tonight is 100% pleasure.
    So I cooked a 2 pound prime beef rib with a "gratin dauphinois" and opened a nice bottle of Bordeaux 2010. Logged my 1600cal dinner and called it a day :)
    Luckily, still made it pretty close to my MFP allowance thanks to the 1100cal run.
    Reminded me of this comic :smile:
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    I think that is a good rule of thumb. I use it with my eating habits. I have to have my treats daily or I will seriously fall off the wagon and go on a big binge. This will come in handy now as we are in the home stretch of our 100 days and we have Christmas and New Years to wade through. Make a plan now and be ready. Use the 80/20 to guide you and remember a couple of nice big tasty holiday meals will not derail you, it's only a couple of days in your life. This is a lifelong journey nit simply a 100 day trip.
    Enjoy your weekend all!

I always save some calories for my 1-2 daily treats...Need them for Blue Bloods, Black List, Madam Secretary etc. LOL ;

As for meals - I have no rules on breakfast v. lunch v. dinner; always try to make them look great and not like "diet food". This are just a few 250 calorie meals I made.

MealSamples_border_zps65f882d4.jpg
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    NikonPal - you can cook for me any day - those look fabulous!!!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    NikonPal - you can cook for me any day - those look fabulous!!!!

Well -- thank you!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Look scrumptious!!