It's finally here!

Options
janet0513
janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
Tomorrow is the day. It;s finally here. My surgery is scheduled for noon. A mix of nerves and excitement.

Replies

• funfatfriend
    funfatfriend Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck Janet i will be praying for you.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You're going to rock this! Sip, walk, rest, repeat. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good luck Your in my prayers.your going to do great
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good luck and best wishes!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You will do great. Best wishes.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting Janet. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and keeping you in my prayers. The surgery will be over before you know it and you will be starting the next stage of the journey. Best of luck to you. You are gonna do great. :)
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good luck Janet! I'm up tomorrow!
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good luck see you on the other side.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good luck, it's so worth it!
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • funfatfriend
    funfatfriend Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How are you?
  • janet0513
    Options
    All went well. A little pain from hernia repairand short bursts of pain before the need to burp. Up and walking. No nausea. Throat sore so I willbe glad to have liquids tomorrow. My stomach looks like a smurf. Between surgery and heparin it's all blue. I feel much better than I thought I would. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear all went well Janet! :)
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So glade to hear your doing so well
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling good and all went well.
  • janet0513
    Options
    Still in hospital. Unable to tolerate pain meds. Have a slight fever. They sent me for an upper gi and they said things look ok. Can't get enough fluid to get off IV. Lots of nause. Most of pain and issues are related to the large hernia he repaired. Sharp pain in center of chest Hope to go home tomorrow but not sue he will let me.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had an incisional hernia repair back in 2007. It was a complication from a ruptured appendix. I can tell you that the pain from the hernia operation was much greater than that of the VSG surgery. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to heal. You are recovering from 2 procedures, not just 1. Therefore your healing time is longer and more complicated. It is good that you are still in the hospital You are where you need to be. Hopefully you will be discharge in the next few days and can continue your recovery in the comforts of home. Feel better soon. :)
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hope that you are able to go home soon. I was kept an extra day because the nausea was so awful that I could not sleep or drink. They tried everything and nothing helped. Just hang in there --- because it gets 50% better each day (that's what someone told me to keep me from wanting to jump out the window...and it was true!) When you get home, it will be even better since you can be in your own bed and without constant sounds and poking and prodding.