Back to Work and Exhausted!

Options
Hey everyone so this is my the end of my first week back to work and I have be so tired to say the least. I work in a prison and I am walking for most of the day which adds up to around 5 miles a day. That's just from working alone not counting my exercise in the morning. I am only in-taking around 300-400 calories a day and can't really seem to get more in without wanting to die of fullness. This week alone I am down 7 pounds in 4 days. I was just wondering if it normal to feel so tired when you come back to work? It is making me wish I had more time to recuperate.

Replies

• jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I returned to work last week and yes, I was tired. I was out right at 7 weeks the way my work schedule fell and my return to work date. I have no issues with the fullness though. Not sure what you're eating but get some protein bars or something to give you more calories. I was running off of only 600-800 and was tired so I can only imagine how tired you feel. Hope you can get it sorted out.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This past week was my first week back and by Friday at 4:00 I just wanted to crawl into bed for the night. I had a holiday party to go to, so I couldn't, but I can assure you I was not the life of the party. And let me add, I have an office job so it is not physically strenuous. Maybe if you could get some more protein/calories in you would not be so tired. Or, have you had your iron level checked. If you are anemic, that would certainly make you tired. Best wishes.
  • momsnewride
    momsnewride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been back to work almost a month now and the first 2 weeks I was so tired!! I don't walk as much as you do but I am in retail so it's especially a hectic time right now. The first 2 weeks were hell. I would barely make it home and be knocked out with in a hour or so. It gets better thank goodness, I pretty much feel back to normal now at the 4 week mark.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is my second week back. I seriously miss my naps. Given our lower nutrition intake, and our bodies are still healing, you should expect to be tired.

-Phill
  • swetienancy04
    swetienancy04 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I guess I wasn't really thinking about the fact that the low calories paired with my extremely increased activity was going to make me feel so exhausted however it does make sense :) On the positive side I have lost 9 pounds this week!!!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! Just be patient with yourself as you heal. When I went back to work, I would come home and just fall asleep by 8 pm (and I have a "desk" job!) I wish I had a job that had me walking around...getting in cardio without having to go down to the gym. :)
  • rchallway
    rchallway Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went back to work as a teacher/librarian 2 weeks after surgery, and I was so tired. I am almost 5 weeks out now and I still usually need an afternoon cat nap.