drinking enough water app

Options
Okay, I couldn't help but notice that at least a handful of my friends on here have voiced their difficulty (me included) to sticking to the recommended daily water intake. - Not because I hate water, au contraire mon frere, I LOVE me some water and all of the great things it has done for me since I nixed sodas and sugary drinks. But this winter has been a bitter and cold and has left me with little desire to down the stuff. Well, I felt like I needed to do something, motivate myself to get back to downing H2O. I came across this little app called "Water Your Body." Some of you may know about it, some of you may not. Either way I thought I would share. It's a neat little tool that reminds you to drink up the recommended amount according to your weight/height and it includes a neat little water chart for those of us that are visual and would like to track times/days, etc. - So there you have it. Drink up mi gente! - Cheers! x

Replies

• RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Is this free? I didn't know water intake was determined by your weight/height...I thought it was 8 cups for everybody..
  • bewright09
    bewright09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I drink a LOT of water, but I do have a hard time tracking it.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I will keep it in mind. I don't have a phone that can handle apps well right now, but certainly could use a tool to help motivate me to drink more water. Next phone I get will be better. I do fine when the weather is warm but not this time of the year. I have noticed that people in Arizona do drink more water than other places I have lived. Horray for us!

70044776.png
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I swapped water for hot tea this winter and it worked great. I drink 32oz of water when I wake up, 32oz of hot tea after breakfast and 32oz hot tea after lunch. It keeps me feeling full and satisfied and any water sipping in the evening is a bonus.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I came up with a plan to drink water that is working for me. I bought a soft drink that came in 32 ounce plastic cup from a gas station and decided to just keep it and refill it with water every morning. After I drink one cup of coffee, I try to drink 32 ounces of water from the cup before early afternoon, including at lunch. Then I refill the cup again with water and try and drink another 32 ounces the rest of the day, including dinner. That works well for me. Of course, I have to keep the cup with me pretty much wherever I go, but it does fit in my car cup holder.
    At first, I had to really concentrate on drinking water, but it has gotten easier. Most days now I can finish the 64 ounces at dinner. Also, it is healthier than other drinks.
    70044776.png