Greetings!

Options
qxana1969
qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
I'm new to MFP and this group - so glad to see some fellow vegans. I was vegan, went back to vegetarian (cheese & eggs put weight on me), then became kind of a junk vegan. Although, through this time I lost 30 lbs. I still felt blah. Made the commitment this past year to get serious! I'm back being a vegan, gave up 85% of processed foods (have a weakness on occasion for Gardein & Tofurky products), quit drinking, eliminated sugar, increased the veggies and started exercising. I'm down 70 lbs since the first of the year, am doing yoga which I thought I'd never be able to do and feel better than I have in all of my 45 years of life. I became veg/vegan because of ethical reasons first, then health. I do not get a lot of support but my results (lower cholesterol and weight) are all the support I need.

I look forward to participating in this group.

Thank you and happy health!!

Amy

Replies

• zlitwin
    zlitwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on cleaning up your life! I've been vegan for about 1.5 years and well, I just eat too much! I don't usually do New Year's resolutions but I'm thinking of throwing one down now to get these ten pounds OFF!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    That old saying holds true for me, "you gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired" and frankly I was sick and tired. I now follow the saying, "I eat to live, not live to eat." It has taken me a loooooooooong time, but after my knees and feet were seriously hurting, I had to confess that there was no more time for excuses.

Thanks for responding and I wish you the very best!!!
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I have been vegan for 1.5 years approx, for ethical reasons too, but there are a lot of health benefits as well. Feel free to add me.
  • igymom
    igymom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group and I'm looking for some vegan friends. Please add me :-)