REVISION ON RNY 2 months out

Options
jewels5872
jewels5872 Posts: 1 Member
I had revision surgery 2 months ago and it is so hard to admit that I didn't do what i should of and consiquently enlarged my stoma so I could not eat enough and food never stayed in my pouch. Anyone else have revision? I am 5'8" and was 315 after my RNY in 2006 I got down to 155 I was a size 5. I regained and ballooned to 215. In the last 2 months I have lost 26 pounds and hope to lose 20 ore to be at 170 at that I am a 8 or 10. Doing this again is hard and slower. anyone else on this journey?

Replies

• niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have not had a revision but I do know what it feels like to not have done what I should have! I regained 65 pounds after a 200 lb loss and am currently in the process of meeting a goal of wanting to lose 30 to 40 pounds.

Just wanted to let you know that there are others on this journey with you and you are not alone!! A lot of us here have our diaries open so we can get ideas on meals and snacks if you choose to do that.

I wish you great success!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have not had a revision but I do know what it feels like to not have done what I should have!

^^ Me too. Regained 50lbs and since joining MFP about 3 months ago have lost 44lbs of the 50lb. Also probably could have lost more than my initial 180lbs if I would have stuck more to the plan. I was never one to do things the easier way, so I had to learn the hard way and it is definitely more difficult trying to get it off now. However I have learnt many many lesson during that process.
    Good luck, you can do this!!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've been battling about 50-60 pounds since last year. I'd lost 165 pounds and then life and my emotions sort of took over again...very frustrating! I was able to lose 15 over the summer but unfortunately have gained it back yet again...:cry:
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a revision on 8/14/14 and have been struggling ever since. I had many complictions and was in the hospital 5 weeks with a feeding tube. It really messed with my head.