Harassment at the gym

Options
scuba6randy
scuba6randy Posts: 34 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Anyone ever been harassed or given a hard time at a gym? I have not experienced harassment because of being perceived as gay, but I did have a guy in the locker room compliment me on my body and ask me about my workout (I was wearing only a towel after just showering). Then he asked to see under my towel and when I declined he physically tried to remove it. I was like "don't touch me!" he left me alone after that. I don't think I'm that "obvious" and this occurred at a pretty "straight" gym and I've never experienced anything like that there or elsewhere. I've no problem walking around naked, but this guy just creeped me out.
I'm just curious about anyone else's experiences.

Replies

• scuba6randy
    scuba6randy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Reading this back, I guess that WAS harassment, if it was a guy doing that to a girl, it'd been much different.
  • Nielasan
    Nielasan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dude. Thats assault. People can't just do that because they think you look gay. Better tell gym staff.
  • RielyNu
    RielyNu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is most definitely harassment.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That was definitely harassment and assault, because he touched you. Years ago at in a gym steam room my husband was harassed by a guy. This guy would sit in the steam room, stroke himself and make comments to my husband. He reported the guy, but the staff could never catch him. Man, I should been there! Thor's hammer would have nothing on the smiting I'd have given this guy!
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Btw, I am not violent nor do I advocate violence... I was just sayin'. ;)
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    whata douche! punch him next time you see him!