Winter activities

Options
Anyone found any new and exciting winter fitness activities around town yet? Some new ice hockey league or anything? :)

Replies

• beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm learning how to curl. Curling clinic at The Forum at Fishers.
  • DargDog
    DargDog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a big pile of logs that need to be converted to firewood.....manually, of course :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    beanrider wrote: »
    I'm learning how to curl. Curling clinic at The Forum at Fishers.

Sounds fun! Curling is awesome!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    DargDog wrote: »
    I have a big pile of logs that need to be converted to firewood.....manually, of course :)

Umm, doesn't sound near as fun as curling... (but probably more calories burned) :)
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding things to do in the winter... I hate how it gets dark so early! I could deal with the cool weather but im not about to go outside after dark and jog around. I'd get eatten by wild animals lol.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm painting the bathroom.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    TRX Rip and Suspension!
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have heard that there are hockey leagues at the Skadium in Carmel, but I personally don't do a lot of ice skating, so playing hockey isn't something I'm ready for. Not incredibly fun, but I get on my stationary bike and watch a tv show or read to pass the time. My bike is on the third floor of our condo and it's like working out in a sauna in the winter.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Took a trip down to Paoli Peaks yesterday with my kids' Scout group.. First time doing any skiing. It went much better than I expected, was pretty good exercise, and a blast to boot... :)