Day 91: Monday, December 22, 2014

Options
danelutza19
danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
Welcome to the end zone!!!!
As far as I counted, 36 of us wrote down progress at the 90% milestone. Maybe more will sign in today :) its never too late to finish something this year.
I walked a lot yesterday, including a trip to the park with my daughter. We decided we really need a dog, because the only other people we saw on the streets, were walking their dogs :)
Calories were way off yesterday but the weekly total was in the green, and that matters more to me.
Have a fabulous day everyone and enjoy this magical time of the year!!!

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Danelutza19 – Nice encouragement…the dog comment made me smile. You have a fabulous day and magical Christmas / Hanukkah / Holiday (whatever) – The “Elf on the Shelf” is watching.

This morning I was only 3 lbs from my orig. entire MFP goal (not Challenge); reset for an additional 5 lb loss (8 more total)

Having trouble finding out the exact calorie burn for babysitting all afternoon and evening (9 hours) yesterday for a 7 and 4 year old (all hands-on activity – just 20 min of “Elf on the Shelf” TV);

I was still was able to get in a lot of my reading. The Grandkids actually seemed interested in my literary selections.

I think that last pound was the result of eating “way too few” calories yesterday….the time flew by.

Did I mention my grandkids are just awesome! Wow! They even use those old fashioned words “please & thank-you” -- Love being called grandpa despite my youth. LOL

20141221_reading_zpsf6b24928.jpg

73641431.png

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Being a grandparent is the best! We just had our grandchild in September. She is a doll!
    Yes, we are in the final stretch and this one will be the hard one to maintain focus on. But if we lose track a few days, no big deal. Just refocus and start anew.
    Have a great day all.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I can't believe we're in the final stretch. I'm a solid two pounds away from my challenge goal weight, and I just don't know if it's going to happen...
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I did ok this weekend, but boy was it challenging...

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. P90X: Core Synergistics
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Hi NikonPal, thank you for the holiday wishes!!!
    I just love your ticker, the ship has sailed and you got the royal suite buddy!!!!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying time with the grandchildren! You're doing a great thing here, children lucky enough to have 2 or 3 generations present in their lives, are more likely to be better grounded and self confident:)

Kenda, you got this thing packed, enjoy the maintenance faze a bit, you graduated!!!!!

Ketowerdefence, I'm exactly in the same boat as you, 2 lb away. I'm hoping for the best but my calories are now set at maintenance and what happens, happens. Translation: I will weigh in on December 31 and what ever my weight is, I will change my goal to that and voila: winner winner chicken dinner :))

SingRunTing, you are standing tall!!! Way to keep your head in the game, it's paying off big time. I loved your succes story!!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hi NikonPal, thank you for the holiday wishes!!!
    I just love your ticker, the ship has sailed and you got the royal suite buddy!!!!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying time with the grandchildren! You're doing a great thing here, children lucky enough to have 2 or 3 generations present in their lives, are more likely to be better grounded and self confident:)

Glad you like the ticker - we were actually passengers earlier this year on that ship (QM2). I took the photo with NYC in the background. Photography is my primary passion.

You're right about the grandchildren. Just found out in the last month there is going to be a #3... The grandchildren went to the last dr appointment when the 1st sonogram was taken..my grandson asked the dr if he could take one that showed the entire body - and he did; so different from the old days - Enjoy what is left of the day!

Kenda2427 - Congrats on your grandchild...I am actually having more fun with them then I could have imagined.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we have only a few days left for this first challenge. Thank you to all that stayed with the challenge, it really helps me to stay focused keep going. Only have a few pounds left to meet my goal and i am going to try my hardest to achieve it.

Wishing all of you the Happiest Holiday and the Healthiest New Year.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    I know that i shouldn't be asking with the holiday coming and i know how busy everyone is but was just wondering if there will be an update to the spreadsheet?

I just want to thank our leader for all that he has done to get this group started.
  • danelutza19
    Options
    hi matthewsfive,
    I accept the challenge, and will do my best to update the spreadshelets by Wednesday if balancedwalker doesn't beat me to it :) I'm really hoping more can update their progress!

NikonPal, I'm totally mind blown by current technology: my 6 year old uses the IPhone and PC like its second nature, while I first touched a PC, operating MS-DOS at age 12.

• matthewsfive
    Options
    Thanks danelutza19