anyone want to do a challenge within a challenge ;)

Options
Anybody up for a 30 day ab challenge? http://neilarey.com/challenges/ab-challenge.html

Replies

• lorrikooten
    lorrikooten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I will do it!!! I love your attitude about this :)
  • lorrikooten
    Options
    It won't come up. Is there anyway you can post it on here what the challenge is?
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    awesome! I just did day one, the flutter kicks after doing a bunch of squats and lunges during my regular workout were super tough!
  • lorrikooten
    Options
    NM It finally came up
  • melissab127
    melissab127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. :) Doing day 1 today too.
  • lorrikooten
    Options
    Have either of you had babies? I am just curious bc after giving birth I have lost my muscles in my stomach and I hope this really helps. I know you have to burn the fat before you notice.
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    count me in ladies
  • sam_the_girl
    Options
    I've always heard that abs are really hard to actually show because your body fat has to be down enough to see the abs. So you could have a 6 pack but wouldn't know it if you have a layer of fat covering. Either way, it's important to have strong core muscles and it would be really awesome to have some abs someday :)
  • sam_the_girl
    Options
    have any of you all done the jillian michaels 30 day shred? I did it about a year ago and had great results. If anyone wants to join me on this as well I'm starting it up. It's a mighty little 20 min workout! You can watch it for free on youtube or can buy it for about $10 at target.
  • lorrikooten
    Options
    I have the Yoga Meltdown and no more trouble zones. I may buy 30 day shred and try it. I think all of her DVDs are great workouts!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Definitely going to try this- looks really intense-- 4 min. planks by the end?!

For those of you who have already been doing this for a week, are you noticing any changes?
  • melissab127
    melissab127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Katherine! I have been doing the ab challenge for a week- I'm definitely noticing some changes to my upper abs. I can actually see some definition! So now I'm committed. I have also realized I'm able to do other exercises more with more control. I try to do 30-45 mins of cardio a day, then this ab challenge, and then whatever exercise video is posted at ToneItUp.com. (I didn't buy their nutrition plan, but I do follow their exercise schedule.) They are upbeat and funny during their workout videos which I really like. (This weeks' schedule: http://toneitup.com/2014/12/holiday-weekly-schedule/)

I did Jillian Michael's workouts in college and found them to be fun too, but I haven't done them recently. :) Lorri, you asked if any of us had had babies- I haven't had any babies yet. And Sam, I heard the same thing about abs and needing to shed layers off your stomach before you can start seeing definition. I think that's the issue I'm having with my lower abs... I'm trying to stay committed to the cardio because I think it is helping. I love this group, thanks for starting it. Knowing that I have to post my weight every 10 days has given me motivation to make healthier decisions and stick to working out, even when I don't feel like it.
  • spatchau589
    Options
    Started the ab challenge today!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    In for this one. Starting today. :wink: