New challenge?

Options
We are down to the last week for the new years challenge. Who is up for a new challenge and if so any suggestions for the next one? I need something to keep me on track and I slacked way to much this time around.

Replies

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I would totally be down for a new challenge. I admit that the group was a little more quiet than I tought, so I hope everyone will kick the new year with renewed motivation.

I don't have any idea for a theme or anything like that, but I'll be there.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    How about a Valentine's Day challenge (about 6 weeks), or a St Patrick's Day challenge (about 11 weeks)? Or are you all thinking of something other than related to a specific date?

I do hope to be refocused in the New Year. No, let's make that, I WILL be ...
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I'm slipping over the holidays and could definitely use the motivation. Valentine's or St Patrick's sounds great to me.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a 6 week challenge this time, so I vote Valentine's Day. But I'm game for any length you choose! Love, love, love the spreadsheet view of progress.

55835802.png
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of Valentines day. I like the small challenges. They seems to also keep people more active. This one we are doing seems to be the quiet compared to some of the other ones. I will set it up maybe later today and send out the invites
  • SilverStormi
    Options
    New group is set up and invites are going to be sent out shortly but just incase I miss anyone here is the link. Also feel free to share with friends who might be interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101138-something-to-celebrate-valentines-day-challenge
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    Thank you for doing this, SilverStormi!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm in for either, so I'm glad we are going forward. I also hope that the new year gets everyone (including me, for sure) more active!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm in for either, so I'm glad we are going forward. I also hope that the new year gets everyone (including me, for sure) more active!
    I've definitely gotten off track, so I need to recommit to my fitness goals.

• SilverStormi
    Options
    A lot of us seem to have lost track this time round. Myself included
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I am so ridiculously off-track at the moment. It's funny because I was not logging but was basically on-plan through Christmas, and then for some reason have been largely eating lots of extras since off and on. When I returned to work on Sunday (I had some stuff to get done), there was all this extra food here, and both Monday and today yet more chocolate goodies (someone sent Godiva, and there are all sorts of similar things) showed up which I seem to have no willpower to turn down. I think I have in my head that it doesn't matter since I'm starting up again for New Year's, sigh, which is idiotic, but I'm just going to go with it since at this point I can't do much more damage.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been logging pretty well, even admitting when I'm over. Just not moving enough to balance it out. This week has been real bad, but realized it's that TOM, so all may not be lost!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just logged my final weight for this challenge. Up a bit but that's life during the holidays. I then looked at my starting weight on the spreadsheet for the first challenge with this group last spring, the Easter challenge (I missed the original one in 2014) and my weight then was 212.8. I've lost more than 39 pounds while using these spread sheet challenges! So happy. I'm ready for our first one in 2015. Thanks SilverStormi for keeping this going. It is super encouraging for me!

--Kathy

55835802.png
  • CumberlandGrammy
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! While our group may not have been as active in our forum with this most recent challenge, I do appreciate the spirit of camaraderie this group has provided. It's so encouraging to know we are not alone in our personal journeys to improve our nutrition and fitness. It's hard work, but so worth it. I am not where I wished to be by this date, and have certainly slipped off course in recent months with indulging heavily in sugary treats and skipping some days of exercising, but as I look over my notes for the past year, I can see that I have made solid progress and really am a different, better version of me than I was January 20th of 2014 when I began using MFP. I am excited about 2015. It's inspiring and invigorating to define new goals and dreams for the new year. All the best to each of you, my MFP friends!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My computer has been offline for a while so I haven't been able to post like I would like. That and the craziness these last few weeks of holidays and moving has brought just has not been good. I would love to be part of a new challenge.

Last year I had ups and downs with my weight. I am still lower than I was last January 1st. So I am happy about that even if I did gain during the holidays. I don't remember the last time I started the year under 200.

I hope everyone has a great new year and is able to accomplish their goals.

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we all had our ups and downs this holiday season...LOL

So as we all know it is time to get ourselves back on track and fight for what we want and need for our health.

I have been on a steady weight roller coaster from September till now. The same 2-4 lbs week after week. NOW IS THE TIME !!!! I will be tracking everything to the T and making sure to get all my workout plans done on schedule for the next month. Then see where i am after that. IF all goes to plan :\ i should be within 5-10 lbs of my goal by next month.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL this New Year !!!!
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi. I know I left and never really came back (lots of stress...husband lost job, still hasn't found one) so, I basically stopped logging, caring, etc. Joining the new group for Valentine's Day. Thank you for the invite despite being a lousy group member. :)
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Please add me I am back now and want to do this