Read this if your Food Diary won't post on feed because cals less than 1000

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
Ok.... so MFP has decided to "nanny" folks and in the interest of discouraging people from going below 1000 cals a day, will not let your food diary post to your feed is you are not at 1000 cals or more.

Here is how you get around that...... let's say your total cals = 850 (this is low for some folks, but not for recent post-op people), do a quick add of 150 cals to get you to 1000. Post your diary. Then go back into your diary and remove the calories you added just to get it to post (thanks for that tip, Rob!) so your diary is accurate again.

Enjoy! :)

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The cutoff for guys is 1200. Same strategy, different number.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I finally got a reply for the whole "private diary" argument I made.

Hello,

This is Derrick stepping in for Eric who is out of office today. Thanks for following up with us.

We are currently working on ways to help prevent unsafe eating habits while still helping those who do require the lower goals for their doctor recommended plans. We thank you for your patience while we find an option that will help everyone.

In the meantime, thanks so much for using the program. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback, problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Derrick
    MyFitnessPal
  • Thaeda
    Options
    ^^^^This ^^^^ is pretty much the response I got , too.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why can't they just make a box that we can check so that the website knows that we are bariatric surgery patients and then it or we can make the adjustments as needed? Seems like a convoluted process for a simple solution. They must work for the same company I work for!
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Why can't they just make a box that we can check so that the website knows that we are bariatric surgery patients and then it or we can make the adjustments as needed? Seems like a convoluted process for a simple solution. They must work for the same company I work for!

You would think it would bethat easy, I'm sure they got threatened or warned. The bad thing is they aren't telling anyone what or how to eat.

• shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...do you think they do the same for people who have too many calories for the day? Just wondering.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That is an interesting thought, I wonder if they do.......
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thank you so much for the explanation and the solution to the problem! I have been through every setting change or update or refresh I could think of. My husband uses MFP too and we could not understand why my completed diary would not post. Very irritating to say the least and I don't know about anybody else but I already have a mother! (Wish she was still here, she would have been so happy for me!)
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have been adding 1/2 cup butter to my snacks, which gets the mfp cops off by calorie back! I take perverse pleasure in this nonexistent butter every day.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    weeziebeth wrote: »
    I have been adding 1/2 cup butter to my snacks, which gets the mfp cops off by calorie back! I take perverse pleasure in this nonexistent butter every day.

Hee hee hee. Love it.

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I hadn't updated my MFP on my I Pad so I was using it to complete my entries. Then I got a new I pad for Christmas and it wouldn't post. Thanks for this one.