Syncing issues between fitbit flex and mfp

Options
I have seen that many people are having issues with this. MFP data is synching over just fine to my fitbit app but step data is not coming back to MFP. I have, many times over the past couple weeks, disconnected the two and reconnected them. Still doesn't seem to be working. Help! I rely on MFP for my eating approach and I'm frustrated. I use both PC (online sites) as well as iphone 6.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So you mean steps coming over for viewing, or a calorie adjustment under exercise?

Make a bogus workout on Fitbit side web account, and then view MFP web account Exercise diary for the calorie adjustment.
    Then delete the bogus workout on Fitbit.
    Again look for update on MFP.

Many with iPhone's report bugs if used.
  • jenantila
    Options
    Hi heybales, thanks.
    I wanted steps to come over to view as well as create an exercise adjustment.
    I did as you suggested and manually entered a mile walk in Fitbit. It did NOT come over to mfp.
  • heybales
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Understand that exercise in Fitbit will never come over to MFP.

Merely the higher calorie burn for the day should be reported to MFP, and when it does it's math, a higher positive adjustment would show.

It's an adjustment that happens to show up under exercise so MFP handles it correctly, but it is NOT an adjustment for exercise.

You could do a big hard workout and burn 600 calories in 1 hr, and then skip normal cooking and cleaning that night and sleep 2 extra hours, and get no positive adjustment.
    Because you burned less in the day than expected, even with exercise.

That's why I was specific to view for calorie adjustment.
    But you said the mile walk did not come over. Or at least that what it sounds like you said, perhaps you did mean merely the calories.
  • jenantila
    Options
    heybales- thanks for note. I already know that exercise itself will not come over to mfp; only calorie adjustment for "steps"- although, in steps report in mfp, it showed number of steps in the exercise report (so it stores more than just a calorie adjustment in mfp).

mfp used to show a negative calorie adjustment for fitbit measured steps. It has not for about two weeks.
    In short, I want the synch to occur exactly as it did prior to 12/10.
  • redgem7
    Options
    Anyone know why that's happening?
  • heybales
    Options
    Huh, is that the app that used to show steps on the exercise diary or report?
    I never saw it via the web account in the exercise diary, and I'm in there almost daily.
    I see steps in Check-in tab.

But I don't use the app, so not aware there.
  • cwmoore82
    cwmoore82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem, the steps are not coming over from fitbit to mfp, no matter how many times you sync or disconnect and reconnect the accounts.
  • rdcfe
    rdcfe Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm having similar issues and have been dealing with it for literally months now. The only time FitBit syncs with MFP is when I manually disconnect and reconnect. Hasn't happened on its own since the summer. Very frustrating. Even more so since I just replaced my Ultra with a One so my FitBit is syncing throughout the day versus only when I was at home when I had the Ultra.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've given up. If I manually add a workout with, say, 1400 cals burnt it never shows up in MFP. Even if i de-register/register. It's broke and Fitbit don't care to fix it.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mine is syncing but giving me 1/2 the calories it did before. I weigh the same and same number of steps.
  • heybales
    Options
    amberj32 wrote: »
    Mine is syncing but giving me 1/2 the calories it did before. I weigh the same and same number of steps.

That is unrelated then, unless you have confirmed that what MFP received as daily calorie burn did NOT match what Fitbit said was daily calorie burn.