Are there any 'mature' people using this?? :)

Options
Hello, I'm 64 and just received a Fitbit from my daughter for Christmas. Not toooo out of shape but would like to control my eating habits more as I do like my junk food every now and then. Want to work out more and it would be fun to have others to help me along on that! :)

Replies

• jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi...55 y/o here. Welcome! I have been using my Fitbit for almost 2 years now! Absolutely love it and it has helped me lose around 90 lbs! I love doing the challenges ...and cheering people along the way! Feel free to add me //www.fitbit.com/user/24D2M6
  • BleuStocking
    BleuStocking Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi! Another 55yo here.

My best friend and I gave one another the Fitbit Flex for Christmas. We're both new to Fitbit & MFP.
    I'm not terribly out-of-shape either, but suffer from RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), and want to stay ahead of it as I grow more "mature" :)
    Losing a little weight & maintaining physical fitness are now more important than ever to me.
    After all, if you haven't good health, what have you?

Please feel free to add me (My name is "CC"): //www.fitbit.com/user/32LJCZ
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
  • BleuStocking
    BleuStocking Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • hillearypl
    Options
    Good morning. I'm 70 years young and just got my Fitbit for Christmas. Love it. I was shocked to see how few steps i ttake. I'm having a hip replaced in February so walking right now isn't much fun! Still have to do better. Nice to be in this group.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to FitBit as well. I am 55 years old and just had big toe surgery, 8 weeks ago so I am just now walking in a shoe. I used to walk marathons and ultramarathons. Last year I was made to change jobs, from one where I was very active to one where I sit A LOT. I asked for the FitBit to help motivate me to move more and track my sleep. If I knew how to give you my FitBit Id I would.

Kristine
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ok, I found out how to get my ID. Please feel free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/32LLJQ
  • tufztuf
    tufztuf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and just got a fitbit. Definitely interested in raising my activity level and hoping the Fitbit will help inspire me to step away from the computer and do more moving about. So I'll be looking around next for some sort of a challenge to do. Also just ordered a Schwinn recumbent exercise bike which is supposed to be really good for us "mature" types. I have been using a "peddler" but decided I wanted a whole unit that was a little nicer. Not sure where to put the Fitbit to properly record peddling. I'll have to check around for that. I'm sure it's been asked.
  • CUatthecape
    Options
    Hello, I'm 64 and just received a Fitbit from my daughter for Christmas. Not toooo out of shape but would like to control my eating habits more as I do like my junk food every now and then. Want to work out more and it would be fun to have others to help me along on that! :)

• CUatthecape
    Options

• CUatthecape
    Options
    Glad to see a group of active 50+. My friend and I had a year lapse after a 3+ year, 6 day a week workout and walking schedule, life interrupted us. Happy to add the Flex fitbit to MFP, and hoping this added accountability will keep us back on track.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    tufztuf wrote: »
    Not sure where to put the Fitbit to properly record peddling. I'll have to check around for that. I'm sure it's been asked.

You have to log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both.

• Kaerob49
    Kaerob49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just got a FitBit and the scales for Christmas; have been using MFP for two months. On my way to losing 35 lbs; Oh, and I am 65! I'm excited to be using both of these products.
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to turn 53 and I love my Fitbit! It has really motivated me to get out and moving which has further inspired me to pursue a clean eating diet and just an overall healthy lifestyle! I'm all in!
  • tmtinak
    Options
    55 with 60 lbs to lose. Been using my Fit bit since October, and find it helps to keep me on track. Right now I need to be held accountable for what I need going forward. Live in Anchorage, AK, so walking is what keeps me going.
  • tmtinak
    Options
    The one thing I find that works for me is to stick w/calorie count in MFP, vs Fitbit. At first I looked at the 'adjusted' count, and that sugar loving part of my brain was instantly diving into a cookie or ice cream. So I substitute mandarins or clementine for the sugar, followed by 22 Oz of cold water. Fills me up and keeps me on track.
  • mjaltom
    mjaltom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and just got my flex and need to start walking again. Just had foot surgery 9 weeks ago, so starting back slow. I've sent a few friend requests too those in the post, so if you want to add me, we can try to help each other.
  • juli66021
    juli66021 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm 53 and looking to lose 100 + pounds. I love my fitbit! But I'm lazy on the food tracking which I know will help me be accountable and stay more on track. Please fill free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/26LWPV
  • bellannah
    Options
    Hi I'm 58 and would love to get to know how to use my Fitbit with help from people here. I'm ready to lose this pesky kilos. Please add me. Hmmm i guess I have to figure out how to get my ID!!
  • jckratz1
    jckratz1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am female, 47 and am trying to lose 40 lbs. I am looking for all the friends I can to push me and each other and be an accountability group. However, is 47 considered mature enough? LOL!