Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are they my legs?

Does anyone else sometimes feel that parts of their body they can see without a mirror, such as their legs or forearms are not in actuality theirs? Sometimes I just stare at them and think " They cannot be mine. They're too alien to me. The shape is all wrong".

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    When I pull the loose skin around my thighs back, I can see the new size of my legs and they definitely look like someone else's legs. I can actually see separate muscles! I saw myself in a full length mirror and was astounded!

My legs also work better. We walked up the huge hill to my grandmother's apartment. According to Fitbit it was 2000 steps and 27 flights of stairs. A little sweaty, but not even very winded. Felt great!

Rob
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    juliebccs wrote: »
    Does anyone else sometimes feel that parts of their body they can see without a mirror, such as their legs or forearms are not in actuality theirs? Sometimes I just stare at them and think " They cannot be mine. They're too alien to me. The shape is all wrong".

Yes. I have had that experience. I talked to my yoga teacher about it and she said it is important for me to look at my body-- especially the parts that seem "foreign"-- and acknowledge "this is my body now". If I always feel like it is not "me" (and relate better to the "old" me), eventually I will do things to get that old body back (and I do not know about you, but that is not what I want).
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    As my weight is coming off I am actually finding the old me, the "160 pound, before all the weight gain" me is starting to show again. It doesn't feel foreign, it feels like I'm finally seeing "me" again.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    As my weight is coming off I am actually finding the old me, the "160 pound, before all the weight gain" me is starting to show again. It doesn't feel foreign, it feels like I'm finally seeing "me" again.

I have never been this "thin" in my life (in quotes because I am not really thin!)--- so it is kind of odd to see myself like this. I also find myself kind of disappointed with how unbelievably saggy everything is. OMG. What a mess!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member

I have never been this "thin" in my life (in quotes because I am not really thin!)--- so it is kind of odd to see myself like this. I also find myself kind of disappointed with how unbelievably saggy everything is. OMG. What a mess! [/quote]

I agree 100% I feel all jiggly
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    I get amazed every time I look into the mirror and can see the top of my thigh, before all I saw was stomach. I also like looking down and can see my hips. They are curvy and my side stomach is no longer there. I also love that I can feel/see my collar bones.

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    My arms are the worst. They look like deflated balloons, My thighs are the next bit I hate, but I am healthier and getting better. seeing my kneecaps and quad muscles was exciting. Working out has helped as even when I was at my smallest I didn't see that definition in my legs.