Charge HR release date

Options
lewispwest
lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
Anyone have any idea when this is going to be released? I know they did a limit run of them in the US recently. I presume they are going to knock them all out January 1st for the Resolutions people lol

Replies

• SingingTiff
    SingingTiff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have that same thought they have been advertising for awhile and the website just continues to say "Early 2015".
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    You can purchase them now. On their facebook page they say they are available at amazon, target, dick's sporting goods, REI and I think one more.

In Canada Best Buy has them ready to preorder with a ship date of Jan. 23rd.
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Charge is available now. The Charge HR and the Surge are not released yet
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    You have to call around but some stores do have stock of the HR and Surge...at least they did before Christmas. I almost bought one online from REI but was worried about duties/taxes.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My mom pre-ordered mine for Christmas. As someone mentioned above, they ship from Best Buy on Jan 23rd. I can't wait!
  • twinklestar128
    twinklestar128 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They had a limited quantity released for the holiday, but they are all sold out. I called today and they said it will be out sometime between now and March.
  • WarmDontBurn
    edited December 2014
    Options
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fitbit-charge-hr-heart-rate-and-activity-tracker-sleep-wristband-large-black/8681515.p?id=1219357513427&skuId=8681515

No clue if it will work or go through as I am in Canada but was grabbing the link for a friend and shocked to see it said available as it wasn't earlier today!
  • Knuxchan
    Options
    Wow, thank you, I ordered one from Best Buy! It said I can pick it up on Jan. 2!!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ahh I should've said I'm in England, we just have the website saying "Notify me - £119.99". There is an online store that has them for preorder at the RRP but I'm waiting to see everyone compete for sales.
  • 825cstz06
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you can buy them at Best Buy and not on their site... I want to use my 15% off for having a Force.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    825cstz06 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why you can buy them at Best Buy and not on their site... I want to use my 15% off for having a Force.

It's a marketing partnership—like how you can only get chocolate-covered Lay's potato chips at Target.

I only buy directly from Fitbit.com. I like to think it makes the customer service process run more smoothly when my tracker breaks & I need a replacement.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    http://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-charge-charge-hr-surge-welcome-to-a-whole-new-world-of-fitness/
    Fitbit Charge is available now on Fitbit.com for $129.95, and you can find it in retailers nationwide. Charge debuts in black and slate colors, with blue and burgundy coming soon.

Fitbit Charge HR will be available in early 2015 in black and plum for $149.95, with blue and tangerine colors coming soon.

And Fitbit Surge will also be available in early 2015 in black for $249.95, with blue and tangerine coming soon after.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lewispwest wrote: »
    Ahh I should've said I'm in England, we just have the website saying "Notify me - £119.99". There is an online store that has them for preorder at the RRP but I'm waiting to see everyone compete for sales.

I'm also in England and am eager to find out when it's being released, I can't find a release date. The only thing I can do is to sign up for them to notify me, it says Early 2015 but that's not very specific. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it for others to read.

• tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Target in Texas has them but they only get a handful at a time and are out pretty much the day they get them. I got lucky. Called the store when they opened on truck day, had three when I called. When I got there an hour later, I bought the last one. They are going FAST!
  • I would love a HR, thinking Ill get the standard charge until the HR is released then ebay/sell my charge on.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lol , I'm thinking that same thing as I really want something now and too impatient to wait.
  • miratime
    miratime Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on the various store websites that normally carry Fitbits (Target, Best Buy, REI, Dick's) - I snagged a Charge HR from Best Buy on the 29th, had it shipped to store, and picked it up on the 31st!
  • Dkaykay
    Dkaykay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    miratime wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the various store websites that normally carry Fitbits (Target, Best Buy, REI, Dick's) - I snagged a Charge HR from Best Buy on the 29th, had it shipped to store, and picked it up on the 31st!

Same here!

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've been watching but haven't seen anything yet. :\
  • BarbyBW
    BarbyBW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I Purchased the Charge HR on the Best Buy website and it arrived on 1/2 with expedited shipping. I had the FitBit One previously and this seems to be working great! It's been a while since I've worked out with a HR monitor so I'm anxious to track all this thing will do.