Thank you!

Options
mary231
mary231 Posts: 308 Member
Thanks for starting this group. I am ready to commit, I've had my ups and downs. I'm 50 and currently weigh about 160. Will work hard to reach my goal of 135 by Mother's Day. What's everyone else's goals?

Replies

• katie10101
    katie10101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I an American living in Wales. I'm actually starting today, because, why wait? I've set up an Excel sheet as an exercise calendar and I'm using My Fitness Pal for my eating. At 62, I can't afford to carry this weight around any longer. Need to lose a good 30 pounds. Also, could use support and new friends!
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    48 yrs old, weigh 169 ugh, want to get to 139 lb.
  • TphTeh
    TphTeh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    51 years old and determined to lose some weight. I need to lose around 30 pounds. I believe the accountability of a group will help me a lot! I have already discovered a great idea; using Excel to track exercise. At any rate, I look forward to achieving our goals together.
  • Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Polly. I am 50 years old and weigh about 200 pounds right now. I gained about 30 pounds since November 2013. This year has been rough for me, but I'm ready to let go some of my stress and start thinking about taking care of my health.
  • sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes! Thanks for starting this group! My name is Kima and I am 48 and weigh 162. Ugh. I am so sick and tired of carrying these extra 40 pounds around. I feel like this weight is like a protective shell insulating me from the outside world and preventing me from making new friends and finding romance. I am ready to stick to my New Year's Resolutions and look forward to being part of this group so we can support each other :)
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Excellent group! Thanks for creating this group. I plan to start my diet again after all this holiday eating and drinking. I have 50 lbs to lose for sure, maybe more but once I get to 190 lbs, I will reassess my goal.I am 48 tomorrow and in very good health other than the weight and want to make sure to maintain and even imrpove my health. Looking forward to starting this.
  • kalieahh
    kalieahh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This makes me so happy, you guys have no Idea! I am SO ready to commit to losing weight, and I think that this group will go faaar! I will have the spreadsheet posted within the next hour, so you all can post your weights. Good luck and Happy Holidays!!!!
  • rfeight
    rfeight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This should be fun. Goal is 20lbs. I'm 41 and usually need to lose about 20lbs after the holidays. This'll be a nice opportunity.
  • ollerwe
    ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I live in Sweden. I couldn't wait until January first so I am in my second day. I would like to lose 13 kilos. I am 58 years old.
  • freddsly
    freddsly Posts: 3
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'll give this a go. I'm actually starting a 100 day tomorrow as it'll end a day or two before my birthday in April.
    I live in Kent UK.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose 12 lbs since I started in November, but that leaves me with a nice even 50 to lose in 2015! I really need to be held accountable since this is my first time doing this on my own and it can be hard without someone to cheer you on or kick you in the rear as needed.
  • sweetsluver
    sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 50's, active, healthy, generally eat a good diet but too much of everything! I am ready to break the plateau that I have been on for a year. Need to lose about 10 pounds, probably more but 10 pounds will do.
  • bkaye1967
    bkaye1967 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I am 47 and hope to lose 20 lbs. I am ready for the challenge! Thanks for starting this.
  • blackgold2844
    blackgold2844 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    Yes thank you for starting the group. I am in my mid 50's and like a challenge and think I will do much much better being accountable. I am on holiday til the 3rd, but will be starting the first.
    I am sick of feeling overweight and feeling unhealthy , I am looking forward to a new start in 2015.
  • jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a lot of weight to lose, over 100lbs, so hoping this will be a good kick start to a healthy 2015. I really need he accountability of a group, can't wait to get started.
  • vaunche
    vaunche Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!!! I'm like jadeous I have a lot to loose, half my body weight in fact! I'm am 40yrs old 5'8" and 292 lbs. I have already started as well and have lost a few lbs. (started at 296). I am looking forward to have a challenge group to help with accountability and support! Since 100 days is a little over 14 weeks I think a little over 2lbs. per week is a good starting goal so I will set my weight loss for the challenge at 30lbs. Then maybe after the challenge is complete those of us who started with more to loose can keep encouraging each other to reach our final goals!!! I look forward to loosing with everyone :D
  • kezzab1978
    kezzab1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks so much for inviting me to your group. Not sure where the spreadsheet is but my chocolates have been thrown in the bin.
    Like many of us I can't wait to get started on my weight loss journey. I hope that now I have joined this group, I might find the support and encouragement I have been lacking.
    Onwards and upwards ladies and gents

Kez