Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tough Mudder May in TX or Oct in Vegas

carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Who might do one of these with me???

REMEMBER: You can walk it and you can skip obstacles if you want to. Just a great opportunity to challenge yourself. Plenty of time to train for the long walk (jog at the beginning).

Replies

• tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    I would be interested in the May one. October is the race I want to do so I will be concentrated on that
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Have to look at leave calendar at work but May is probably the better bet at the moment. Will follow up.
  • I have to say I've never done one but they sound fun (in a I'm crazy for this this kinda way). :) Unfortunately, Texas and Vegas are a bit far for this girl with the limited vacation I have. :(
  • carolssalva
    Do one closer to you Jen! Get some buddies together. We will be with you in spirit!!
  • CarolinaPura
    CarolinaPura Posts: 3 Member
    Vegas baby!!
  • carolssalva
    Woo HOO! I am doing Texas for sure. I'm working on Vegas
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    With the knee, May is too early, but perhaps I could shoot for Vegas.

Jen, Since you are closer to my parts, maybe we could do a mud run together one day. In Chicago or somewhere like that. Wouldn't have to be a Tough Mudder, maybe a Warrior Dash or Gritty Goddess. Have to see how my knee heals.

I had an awesome Tough Mudder dream last night. It started with extreme anxiety and then I nailed it. Love those kind of dreams:) I was checking out mud runs yesterday and there is one in North Dakota I would like to do called the "Uff Da Mud Run" Uff da was an expression I heard constantly growing up and my family comes from the Dakotas and Minnesota. Could dedicate it to grandma:)

• kris3b wrote: »
    With the knee, May is too early, but perhaps I could shoot for Vegas.

Jen, Since you are closer to my parts, maybe we could do a mud run together one day. In Chicago or somewhere like that. Wouldn't have to be a Tough Mudder, maybe a Warrior Dash or Gritty Goddess. Have to see how my knee heals.

I had an awesome Tough Mudder dream last night. It started with extreme anxiety and then I nailed it. Love those kind of dreams:) I was checking out mud runs yesterday and there is one in North Dakota I would like to do called the "Uff Da Mud Run" Uff da was an expression I heard constantly growing up and my family comes from the Dakotas and Minnesota. Could dedicate it to grandma:)

Hey, I'm all for that Kris. I know there is on in Chicago in May, so definitely that won't be happening. :) Heck, I'm new to all these races, so I'll have to look them all up. Last time I was on any obstacle course was in 1987 (USAF basic training). :)
  • kris3b
    [/quote]Hey, I'm all for that Kris. I know there is on in Chicago in May, so definitely that won't be happening. :) Heck, I'm new to all these races, so I'll have to look them all up. Last time I was on any obstacle course was in 1987 (USAF basic training). :)[/quote]

Mud runs are a perfect fit for you Jen. I just know it!!!

• kris3b wrote: »
    Mud runs are a perfect fit for you Jen. I just know it!!!

[/quote]

What are you trying to say Kris? :wink:
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    I'm at least contemplating Vegas in October. The lack of upper body strength (or at least having enough to pull myself up) concerns me. But we'll see.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Carol are there dates yet for Vegas?
  • Hmrjmr1
    checked May 2,3 for Central Texas, Oct 17. 18 for Vegas.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh, May might work - and I would probably stay for Cinco de Mayo. I have to plan carefully, since my daughter graduates with her Master's this year, and gets married, and (fingers crossed) moves closer to me. I'll give this one serious thought!

Vegas would be great, but is tougher since it is during the regular semester and I cannot take days off. Unlike HS teachers, college faculty have no vacation days to use.
  • carolssalva
    And what about Pennsylvania Cynthia??
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited January 2015
    Carol - Gonna do Vegas but need to know which day to register for, or does it matter? Also may have a great deal on place to stay, can accommodate 4, so if any one is interested in keeping costs down may be an option. I'll let ya know more when I do.

• imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    I'm hesitant about PA because it is in the mountains in April. It will be COLD, and I've heard there are a lot of injuries because of that.
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Have you heard that TM is thinking about tear gas. Good luck training for that!!
  • kris3b
    tnorkus wrote: »
    Have you heard that TM is thinking about tear gas. Good luck training for that!!
    That is just plain crazy and would be an epic fail for me.

I would really love to do the fall one with a bunch of you guys if my knee is okay. Kind of think you guys would be far nicer to me if I wasn't able to do some stuff. Love my friends dearly, but I would end up feeling defeated. I know it.
  • Tear gas? No way!!! I got out of being gassed in the military. I sure don't want to be now.