Goals!

Options
This weight loss journey lasts 21 weeks so I am going to aim for a loss of 20 lbs!

Mini Goals to always strive for:
*minimum 8 glasses of water a day
*walk a minimum of 1 mile a day or 7 miles a week
*burn a minimum of 750 calories a week with exercise (inc. walking)

Non- Weight related goals:
*keep school grades up
*pay off college loan

Replies

• just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't know what weight I will be at when this challenge starts, so I don't yet know what my weight loss goal will be. I do plan to come back to this closer to the start and list one!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 2.5 lbs a week now and in the near future. So, My goal for this challenge will be to lose about 50 lbs.That would leave me with approximately 30 to go! :D
    I also want to be running by the end and to have completed or be ready to run my first 5K.

35647797.png
  • just_special
    Options
    I am getting VERY close to my goal weight, so I am not going to have a big goal, but I am excited anyway! When are our starting weights and goal weights due by? And where shall they be posted? Getting excited!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    My goal is 15 to 20 pounds depending on where I am when the challenge begins.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks to Cherirana for pointing out this group to me!

My goal is to lose about 15 lbs. 12 is probably more realistic, but I'll shoot for 15. I'll weigh in on Thursday and let whoever is doing a spreadsheet know where I am to start. I am so excited that it looks like there will be a spreadsheet. I find that so helpful!

I intend to walk about 20 miles a week; about 5 miles, 4 days a week. I plan on keeping my calories between 1200 and 1500 and not eating back any exercise calories.

I've been on a plateau for about 6 or 7 weeks and have just started losing again in the last few days...I've finally dropped a couple pounds, so I'm hoping this is the beginning of a trend!

Great to be in this with all of you! I'm looking forward to spending the next few months with you all!

Carolyn
  • clrgsy40
    clrgsy40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am looking forward to this challenge and hope with your help and others in the group that I can push myself to stick with it. I currently weigh in at 220lbs and would like to lose about 40lbs but for this challenge my goal is to be under 200 by the end of this challenge so aiming to lose at least 21lbs.
    Thanks. Chris

• just_special
    Options
    My goal is to get to 135 by the end of the challenge. I currently weigh 145. I know it seems like not that much weight to work on losing in 150 days, but that is the last of my weight to lose. I have already lost 85 pounds, and that lats 10 will be a challenge since I am so close to goal.
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love that this is a small group!

I have been away from MFP for a few months, but ready to get back. My goal is to get to 140 by the summer. I currently weigh around 154 lb.

I am planning to give up processed sugar as a New Year's resolution! I don't eat too much of it, but it always makes me feel sluggish so I think I'll be better off without it. I have successfully become vegetarian and given up diet pop as New Year's resolutions in the past so I am hopeful I can pull this one off as well.

My other health related goals include 3 days of cardio a week and 2 days of strength training. This is my usual routine so not much of a stretch there, but always good to recommit.

My other goals include trying to work a reasonable number of hours a week (instead of way too many) and to feel good about that!

Looking forward to the next few months with you all! Jen
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    It's January 1st. Where do we post our first weigh in?
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    cherirana wrote: »
    It's January 1st. Where do we post our first weigh in?
    I'm also not able to put my weight in the spreadsheet. I've also taken my measurements as another way to track my weight loss :o
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to put my weight on the spread sheet. I also cant find the face book page.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I must be missing it entirely. I don't see the spreadsheet. What's the address for it? Happy New Year everyone!

As far as goals go... I weighed in up this morning... 185. So my goal weight for the challenge is 170. As far as other goals go, I intend to walk 1050 miles in 2015 (a little more than 200 more than in 2014). That works out to 87.5 miles per month, just under 3 miles per day. I plan to only walk one mile on Thursdays, and to take Wednesdays off...I'll work the rest out as I go. I also plan to lift on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Ciao for now!
    Carolyn
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!!!
    My goals are similar to some of yours. My goal is to go without processed sugar, and cut out alcohol for at least 2 months. For the next six weeks I plan to walk 126miles total (3miles per day) as well as be able to do a real set of pushups. Weight wise I would be happy to hit 135 by summer, I think my goal was a bit more modest. I started at 149.2
    Good luck to all of you and may you all be successful in achieving your goals!