Anyone else experiencing trouble?

Options
Last year for Christmas, I received my UP band. I've had it replaced three times, soon to be four. After about two months, mine stops holding the charge and I have to send it back. It stopped working again back in September and I just put it in a drawer and forgot about it because I was at college. I recharged it and stuff and it's still not holding its charge. I'm about to send it back for the fourth time in the last year. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had this problem? I'm really thinking about selling it and getting a FitBit after they send the new one back because I'm really sick of having to send it back every two months because it stopped holding its charge.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My UP failed and was replaced several times, and so has my UP24. I also have a Fitbit Flex (yay, data!), and it's failed & been replaced several times, too. After all, they're tiny computers I only take off my wrist to charge.

Fitbit customer service is way better than Jawbone, though.
  • thetragicjoy
    thetragicjoy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with mine as well. One stopped charging, the 2nd the skin on it stretched out so that it completely covered the button.

Instead of replacing it yet again at the end of its warranty, I gave up. I waited for a sale to upgrade to the UP24 and I will be much more diligent about replacing it if it fails this time. At the lower price of $80 it's less of an irritation than the original $140 I spent, as well.

It's definitely a technology that still has bugs, but will hopefully only continue to improve.
  • agasti
    agasti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with mine holding a charge, but they replaced it immediately,and *knock on wood* no trouble yet. Hopefully as they keep developing new ones, the technology will become more efficient. I can't wait for the new one that monitors your heart rate!