Recipes? Post Here

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I will be posting recipes every week and I urge you do join me. If you make great dish, share it. Give us your recipe, even post a pic if you like.

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    Options
    One of my favorite goto sides is roasted veggies. You can roast any of them. I have done beets, asparagus, broccoli, green beans, onions, brussels sprouts, cauliflower..seriously anything. I love the flavor roasting brings out and many veggies I will not touch unless they are roasted. I cut them up, add some olive oil and some seasoning. I could make a meal out of them. If you've never tried it, I urge you to give it a shot. Here is a link to help you get started. goodhousekeeping.com/recipes/cooking-tips/oven-roasted-vegetables

jbay12bwf1e7.jpg
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I've never had any veggies roasted and I'm so picky and don't get nearly enough vegetables but roasted veggies always look good to me so I'm gonna try this!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link. I need to include more veggies in my diet
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a whole bunch of recipes for low-cal baking if anyone's interested. I used to foist them off on uni people and nobody could tell they weren't 'regular' cakes (I have a massive sweet tooth)
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    uyxxeau27s53.jpg

French Toast Breakfast muffins (f you make them with skim milk and make 12, they only have 121 calories each.)

1/3 c. butter, melted
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 egg (preferably room temperature)
    1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 c. milk

Topping (option: cut topping in half*)
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. butter, melted
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.
    In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Do NOT over mix; over mixing will ruin the texture of the finished muffins. Also? Don't over mix the batter. Finally, don't over mix. Scoop batter into muffin tins that have sprayed with cooking spray. Using a large ice cream scoop, I got 8 medium-large muffins out of this batter; I think you could get 10-12 muffins by distributing the batter a little less generously. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.

For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place melted butter in another small bowl. Dip the warm muffins in melted butter (you can dip just the top, but it's even tastier to dip the whole muffin!), then dip/roll the muffin in cinnamon sugar.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    https://davidkirschwellness.com/twenty-eight-day-challenge/nutrition-plan/

David Kirsch has a 28 day nutritional plan that will help jump start weight loss and instill healthy habits.

A plan like this wont work if you starve yourself. It’s important to keep your metabolism up by eating healthy snacks and meals every few hours. Working out is going to drastically increase results too. I know! We are going to have to work but it will be worth it.

Check out the “tone-every-zone’ grocery list and breakdown of what foods are healthy. Everything is here to help us succeed. What a healthy way to start off the year! With a total mind and body makeover. I’m up for the challenge are you? These other healthy tips are going to help…
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    fancy-edibles.com/dinner/gluten-free-goodness-baked-margherita-spaghetti-squash

Margherita Spaghetti Squash- - I substituted shredded parmesan for the mozzarella, used only 1 T of olive oil and added the recipe to MFP. Servings= 4 for 176 cals
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Sounds great, I wish there were "like" buttons on here like Facebook. lol
  • Thedutchesss
    Options
    Now I was at a dilemma. I went back to work after 2nd maternity leave on 87 kg. Lost 7 over the months leading towards Xmas and now am 80 kg. Want to be 70 so this challenge is just for me :)
    I replaced my breakfast (2 slices of delicious super thick cut white bread with lots of butter) with the free option at work: cereal. I only like the Kellogs special K but found myself sooo hungry at 10 (even eating 2 bags of 30gr).

So I needed a different breaky. Opted for rye bread but wanted something less carby. I am not necessarily following a low carb diet but I like the idea of eggs in the morning since I enjoy warm food. Now I always wondered what low carb people do: get up at 5 and fry some eggs? How they do combine this in the working world? So this is what I heard about and tried and it is yummy:

Get your muffin tray and fill it with spinach and salmon or ham and cheese or anything you like to have your eggs with in the morning. Fill it with eggs, pop in the oven and you have about 6 delicious muffins to bring to work, one for every day of the week and 1 left for the kids since they just want whatever you have sometimes :)

It fills nicely and you don't have to stand in the kitchen every morning. It stays good in the fridge or freezer and you just have to pop it in the microwave to enjoy and healthy filling breaky.
  • Thedutchesss
    Thedutchesss Posts: 16
    edited January 2015
    Options
    my pic is not working....

• susu2u
    susu2u Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Banana Pancakes~ Love these when I have really ripe bananas. Mash 1 banana, add 1 egg and a dash of cinnamon. Mix well and make your pancakes as normal. I usually just make on big pancake but you can make several small ones.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Super easy dinner tonight.
    Baked salsa chicken!
    6 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
    1 15 oz can great northern beans rinsed and drained
    2 cups your favorite salsa ( I like jacks )

Grease a casserole dish, layer beans, top with chicken ( I salt and pepper it ) then top with salsa, cover with foil and bake 375 for 30 min, take foil off and bake for 10 more minutes, serve over rice!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If anyone has any low calorie freezer meals (make ahead, freeze, and pop in oven/crockpot) it would be GREATLY appreciated! I am a horrid cook and hardly get myself to do it while on winter break. When this next semester starts my family may starve :#

On another note I made Turkey Taco Chili Mac this week and it was SO tasty. Very filling.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/12/one-pot-cheesy-turkey-taco-chili-mac.html
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This isn't a freezer meal but it is a quick one. My husband and I used to have frozen pizzas when we were short on time and motivation. Now we cook some kind of protein (Chicken, taco meat, shrimp...) and put it on one of those pre-made chopped salads. It's supper simple and quick. I usually add some extra veggies to beef it up a little bit. Had a chicken and BBQ chopped salad tonight! :) And the best part is we aren't eating processed to death pizzas anymore!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Crock pot recipe. I try and keep a bag of this frozen for those quick meals:
    Lemon & Garlic Dump Chicken
    •1 – 2 tsp minced garlic (I like more so I used 2)
    •1/4 cup olive oil
    •1 Tbls parsley flakes
    •2 Tbls lemon juice (or the juice of one whole lemon)
    •4-6 chicken breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)

Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag
    After sealing the bag, turn the bag over several times until everything is combined and the chicken is well coated. Freeze flat.

To cook you have a few different options:
    •Thaw chicken. Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.

OR
    •Thaw and grill in a cast iron skillet on the stove, or outside on the barbecue grill, until no longer pink inside.

OR
    •Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours.)

• walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    kayjosh2422 i am going to jot your recipe down. I tend to do a lot of freeze a head meals and this one is very quick and tasty :)

For those, like myself, who leave early in the morning and eat breakfast at your desk, here is a quick low cal meal. I scan the bar code for many of the ingredients. I will put (scan) at the end.

It is fairly filling and keeps me full until lunch.

Quick Oatmeal & Strawberry Breakfast
    ========================
    Quaker Oatmeal - Reduced Sugar Apples & Cinnamon 1 pkg (29g) 110 calories (scan)

Frozen Strawberries 1/2 cup - 24 calories

Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Hearts Natural Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds, 1/3tbsp 21 calories (scan)

Bee Pollen 1 tsp 16 calories

Raw Pumpkin Seeds, 1g 6 calories

=========================
    I heat up the strawberries in the microwave. It leaves a nice juice in the bowl that I use with a bit of hot water. We have a "hot water spout" on the coffee machine at work.

Add Oatmeal
    Add a bit of hot water from the spout (or boiled water)

Mix

Add Hemp Hearts, Bee Pollen and Pumpkin seeds

Stir

Enjoy

==========================
    Total Calories = 177
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Crock pot recipe. I try and keep a bag of this frozen for those quick meals:
    Lemon & Garlic Dump Chicken
    •1 – 2 tsp minced garlic (I like more so I used 2)
    •1/4 cup olive oil
    •1 Tbls parsley flakes
    •2 Tbls lemon juice (or the juice of one whole lemon)
    •4-6 chicken breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)

Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag
    After sealing the bag, turn the bag over several times until everything is combined and the chicken is well coated. Freeze flat.

To cook you have a few different options:
    •Thaw chicken. Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.

OR
    •Thaw and grill in a cast iron skillet on the stove, or outside on the barbecue grill, until no longer pink inside.

OR
    •Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours.)

Love it!

I made it yesterday and froze a few bags. This is great over rice or on it's own. Thanks for sharing.