ChargeHR

Options
cindytw
cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
If anyone here has this yet...I want it but I have some reservations. Do you have to wear it tight all day? What happens if you don't? I am not big on tight things on me anytime! I have not worn a watch or bracelet in years, but I lose the FB One all the time so I want a bracelet type. Thoughts?

Replies

• Coolravens
    Coolravens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got this as and early release weeks ago and found I have had to get use to wearing stuff on my arms again. The directions want you to wear it a finger or two widths above your wrest bone - loose but way to high on the wrest for me. I find myself wearing it backwards with the screen on the underside of my wrest. You don't have to wear it tight, better if you don't. The only issue I have found while having it on loose, is that it chafes a little from wearing it all the time (except the 2 hours I set it aside to charge it twice a week).
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've put my name on a list to be alerted when it's released here in the UK. Never had a FitBit device but looking forward to purchasing the Charge HR.
  • twoolaz
    twoolaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and am still getting used to wearing it - I love the info on it but I do find it a bit uncomfortable - It says not to wear it tight
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and have worn it since. I have found I have gotten used to it. However I do find that it counts steps when I am sitting as well. Anyone else have this problem?
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I owned a zip for almost 2 yrs and just upgraded to the charge hr and while at first I wanted to like it i got hung up on I wasn't getting as many steps as I did with my zip (grocery shopping is the worst) but I love the workout feature, hrm has similar burn as my polar chest strap, and now after a week my steps are similar to when I had my zip. For me it's a keeper, although I may have to trade it in for the plum color that I really wanted but who knows.
    Mine doesn't count steps when I'm sitting
    I get a low battery after 3 days but I'm going to run it dead and then charge to see if I can get the 5 days out of it or I'll contact customer service.
  • rmtuesley
    rmtuesley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got the charge HR for Christmas. I wear it loose like a watch during normal activity and it works fine. For my workouts I have to wear it a little higher up on my arm to get an accurate rate. I wear it tight then so it stays put. It doesn't bother me for these short times. I find it matches my polar heart rate pretty accurately. One caution, the "small" is a lot smaller than it says. I was on the lower side of measurements (I have a small wrist) and wish I had gotten the large. You need it bigger to wear it higher up on your arm.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am relieved by the responses!
  • justGAINSjason
    justGAINSjason Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been researching this topic for about 6 months and am really excited that FitBit is making one with HR monitor... as I just can't get into the others too much. I also like the Mio link but I think that the ChargeHR actually logs/saves info that can be synced later and doesn't have to be tethered to a device to be used. Can any of you early ChargeHR users confirm this?

Also.. Any news on the release date for the ChargeHR in EU (Germany) anyone heard about?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

P.S. I got to spend a little time with the Adidas fitsmart yesterday and it is pretty large on the wrist and about 50€ more expensive but seems to be pretty accurate but I'm waing to get on the ChargeHR bandwagon!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got the charge hr for Christmas. I wear it all the time with the exception of taking a shower and charging the battery. Doesn't bother me at all. I love it!
  • xmasbaby78
    xmasbaby78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where can I purchase one? I was under the impression they were still "coming soon".
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    xmasbaby78 wrote: »
    Where can I purchase one? I was under the impression they were still "coming soon".

There's a separate thread called "Charge HR Release Date": http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10036761/charge-hr-release-date
  • smilechang
    Options
    It is well known that the ultrasonic crusher has wide applications and functions, for example: it is widely used in cotton stalks, corn stalks, sorghum stalks, wheat straw, rice straw, bark, vines, soybeans and other crops.
  • priscann
    priscann Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I ordered my fitbit Charge HR from bestbuy online 2 days ago. I received it today.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    How are these running in size?
    I just pre-ordered one in Australia and got the small.
  • NYNurse1124
    NYNurse1124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Fitbit charge HR. I have been using it for 2 days now, and I love it!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all you AMericans with your HRs!! Its not available here in Canada yet. You can preorder it from bestbuy but only in black & I want the purple. I hope they come out soon!