Warning, this is a bit of a whine.

Options
weeziebeth
weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
Ugh, when can full liquids/protein shake dependence be over? I am trying to bring myself to do evening protein and just can't bring myself to it. For the most part post-op has been great-very little pain, amazing energy-even went back to work early and have felt great. Don't think I will mind even daily protein shakes (currently using premier rtd vanilla as coffee creamer) but as primary/sole source of nutritional intake, I.am.done. The injury chicken soup were pretty good early on and the unflavored has been ok in soups but really, ugh, blech. Ok, whiny rant over.

Replies

• JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lol I know exactly how you feel, I was there 7 months ago. Just remember there is an end in sight.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Your protein intake will get better each week and also when you are able to eat a variety of proteins. Be kind to yourself. Everyone heals at a different rate and our programs differ so much. Now that I can have eggs, cheese, cottage cheese and fish it is much easier to get in my protein. Have you tried protein bars or are you able to have them yet? Don't worry about being perfect, you will get your protein level up over time.
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You will get there before you know it--and be able to eat lots of things to get that protein
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I hear you on that OP!
    I'd posted early on when I 1st came out about having the fight in me to stay strong and get through those stages.
    Some things are barely tolerable and the rest is just disgusting after having to be on the same restriction(s) for so long.
    If youre at that stage then youre probably very limited on choices...hang in there, youll get through it :smile:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was so ready to chew something when my liquid only time was up. I understand your frustration but it sounds to me like you are doing great and only have a small amount of time left. Hang in there, you will get past this.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I am feeling much better about all this today. It is almost over-get to move to soft foods next week. I went in to this with the mindset that this stage was just my medicine that I would have to take and that's pretty much it. And, in the grand scheme of things, its really not that bad, if bad at all. I appreciate you all so much, I cannot even express.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good luck with soft foods! I'm already looking forward to purees lol
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It will be a whole month of liquids between pre and post op. I will be so glad when I get to the next stage. I don;t hat the liquids, it just gets a bit boring.
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It all gets better and it is so worth it. keep your head up out are doing great.
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You will get there! I was only on liquids for a week and by day 7 on soft foods. Getting in my protein has always been my priority. At the beginning I grazed all day, as I couldn't eat more than an ounce to an ounce and a half at one time. I am two months post-op now and I still drink a Premier shake every day for lunch to meet my goals. My doctor said he didn't care how long I had to graze all day or if I had a shake for lunch for the rest of my life as long as I met my proteins! LOL.
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    weeziebeth wrote: »
    For the most part post-op has been great-very little pain, amazing energy-even went back to work early and have felt great.

You are doing way better than I was at your stage. I was an absolute basket case for about 3 solid weeks.