MFP <=> Fitbit sync broken -- per usual

Options
sympha01
sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
Oh, I see we've entered the annual festival of unreliable syncing. If the last two years are any indication things should get better again, what, around March or April? Probably longer this year since Fitbit delayed their launch of their most interesting new devices until 2015Q1?

Replies

• shrinkyy
    shrinkyy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sucks... I've had mine a few days and it syncs whenever I use the dongle, since I don't have a phone that's compatible yet. Does it just not sync at all to MFP?
  • sympha01
    Options
    No problem with the dongle sync, or with the device syncing to the Fitbit website. It's just the MFP link that's unreliable.

This happens A LOT all year long, so get used to it. Typically what happens is that the problem rolls through various groups of users, and usually not everyone at once.

But it's THE WORST from this time of year through the spring, when it can happen to all of us at once. Apparently Fitbit and/or MFP refuse to get the extra bandwidth they need for syncing with all the new devices that come online right about now. This is the time of year when a lot of people get new devices for the holidays, or purchase one for New Years resolution purposes. The sync between the two sites gets absurdly slow and unreliable because of bandwidth issues, it happens EVERY YEAR, Fitbit and MFP know about it, and do nothing. It's frustrating.

I'm in the market for a new tracker, and part of me wants to rule out all the devices that don't sync with MFP, but frankly this issue coming up over and over again -- and I see it on the Garmin and Jawbone message boards too -- tells me that if a device that doesn't sync with MFP catches my fancy, I might as well get it. The sync is just too unreliable and unsupported here.
  • shrinkyy
    shrinkyy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My fitbit adjustment seems fairly immediate if I've synced the fitbit. I'm not in the US so maybe it affects me differently here... or like you said, seems to be okay for some users sometimes and not others. Hopefully they sort it out and we can all use it properly! I mean they do boast about it being able to link to MFP so it should work properly
  • sympha01
    Options
    When it's working, it's pretty much immediate. But when it's down, well…