New Years Eve

Options
So what is everyone's plans for New Years Eve? It is always supposed to be a good night for singles but it never seems to work out for me. This year I have 2 options one is to be surrounded by 4-5 couples with me being the only single one or a large party. My closer friends are the couples and I know I will have a good time with them but don't know if I should go to the party instead if I ever want to be not single.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Work! Ain't nobody got time for parties. I haven't celebrated it in years.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I hate being single on NYE at my age. I think it's only good if you're young and go clubbing. I will stay in.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Not quite sure yet.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nothing and more of nothing. Although, tbh, I never do anything so it isn't anything different. Last year when I did have a boyfriend he was in a different State with his kids so I didn't have him around anyway.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Staying home! I work NYE so I'm not getting home until 6-7. If bf is home, we *might* go to his grandpas lake house (we hang out there a lot) and maybe just be around his family. I think I've only gone out once for NYE. Not really my thing.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As of right now I have no plans. Probably won't change in the next week.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I hate being single on NYE at my age. I think it's only good if you're young and go clubbing. I will stay in.

You live in SAN DIEGO. There must be tons of fun stuff going on.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I will be watching tv with the kids, very exciting stuff!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'll be at one of my fave pubs, dancing and getting drunk.....woooohooooo!!!

My fave night of the year :D

Ruth, if I were you I'd go where you feel the most comfortable. It's not a given that you'll meet a guy on NYE - I never have, and I'm always out in a crowd. People kiss, but not necessarily pull.....everyone is usually too drunk to bother!! lol
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Eh... I don't need an excuse to party. It's just another day. The best thing to do is stay off the roads as all the drunks are out driving.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

You live in SAN DIEGO. There must be tons of fun stuff going on.

Sure, stuff for couples vs meat markets. There is so much fun stuff going on here all year long that NYE doesn't seem that special lol. Kind of a catch-22 :)

• sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I spent too many years having to work, waiting on tables full of idiotic, rude drunks on NYE...I prefer to stay home and enjoy the company of a few good friends.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Going to a dinner and party with friends outside of town :)
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Follow_me wrote: »
    Eh... I don't need an excuse to party. It's just another day. The best thing to do is stay off the roads as all the drunks are out driving.

This...
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Staying home with my kids. I had a sitter lined up as I was going to go to the bar, but decided to stay home.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It looks like we are staying home. My stepbrother may come up with his kids but that looks doubtful. Our original plans were to visit with several of my fiancée's friends but the host's son has a highly contagious strain of flu and the party was cancelled. About 20 minutes after receiving notice about the party, my fiancée slipped on the stairs and broke her tail bone. (She is in a lot of pain but overall it was a "minor" break and should heal relatively quickly). There's a very good chance I'll be a sleep by 10:00.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Looks like I will be headed out of town with my parents for NYE haha. Here's hoping I find someone cute to flirt with
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    @annapixe I would feel comfortable in either place. I think I am leaning toward games at my friends as I hate spending the cover every place charges just because it is NYE

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Going to a party at a friend's house. I will probably be one of the only single people there, but I don't mind it. I will be with good friends, with good food, music, games and fun. That, and if you really think about it, the only time the party will scream "I'm single!" is at midnight. Which does kind of suck, but it's for about 30 seconds. I think I can handle that. :smiley: