Fitness Goals

Options
Originally in Jan 2014, my goal was to lose 10 pounds of fat, not muscle. So far I've lost 5, so 5 more to go. These 5 pounds were hard to lose!!!

One of my non scale victories is to go from shirt & skirt size medium to size small. I'm excited to announce that was accomplished! Last weekend, I finally fit into a blouse & skirt I'd been sort of working towards for a year & half.

But I didn't get serious until last Feb. when I signed up with My Fitness Pal. MFP, by logging in food & exercise, forced me to see I was eating worse than I thought & being lazier than I thought. Yes, I tried to eat somewhat healthy & I did exercise a little, which was better than I had done before but it was just by my daily whims with no set goals, no accounting for my intake and output. I didn't understand what it really took to accomplish what I wanted. MFP & lots of reading about all this taught me a lot, so now I have a more efficient fitness path to my fitness goals. I learned not to let my excuses get in the way, to take small steps consistently, to push myself harder, & to include my family in fun physical activities and better nutrition.

The last couple years, I've gradually increased fitness and nutrition goals & accomplishments, as tiny as they are, and I am excited about the results so far & am motivated to get stronger, run faster & farther, lose that tiny bit of love handle still there, get totally awesome abs, & wear a Victoria Secret purple ruffle halter top bikini by the summer of 2015. Yes, I picked out, already. It's on their website. It'll be the first time I've ever worn a bikini except in the fitting rooms!

What has your fitness journey been like? What are your goals, strategies to get there, and what have you learned along the way?

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Welp started at 167lbs on here 310 days ago! I workout from home just about everyday. I do HIIT cardio 2X week, strength training 2X week, Pilates or yoga once a week, and kickboxing or something fun the other 2 days. I strive to eat 2.5 servings of veggies, & 1.5-2 servings of fruit per day & the rest of my diet kind of falls into place. I'm a creature of habit & typically eat the same foods everyday.

My future goals are to continue to workout, eat at maintenance (1680 + exercise calories) until I get pregnant with our second child. My motivation for losing weight was that I wanted to be at a healthy weight before trying for our next baby.

I feel so much better on the inside & outside. I'm not a hermit anymore. I go play outside with my daughter & have the stamina to play with her, get housework & errands done, etc. it feels good to have energy again!

Thank you for sharing your story!
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I thought I was healthy as sometimes I would choose a salad and go to the gym a couple of times a week but once I was pregnant with my daughter (who will be 3 in April) I knew that things had to change. I've since lost 6 stone from my heaviest but still so much I can learn exercise & nutrition wise, 2015 is the year I want to tone up and celebrate my 30th birthday (august) feeling my best ever! I will need to check out the bikini later it sounds amazing!