FitBit Aria

Options
SimonCypher
SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
I was wondering if anyone has used the FitBit Aria Weighing Scales? I've ordered one today and will be delivered tomorrow, also looking at getting a Charge HR when it's released here in UK. Hoping that with all this extra information it will help me keep an eye on my stats etc.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My Aria doesn't measure my body fat very accurately, but I love never having to log my weight.

I sync it with http://www.healthweight.com to see the trend without the water weight "noise." And TW tells you the date you'll reach your goal range—way more accurately than MFP's "in 5 weeks" foolishness.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That web link you posted doesn't work for some reason :/ , I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works and how my weight being automatically logged helps keep me on track and monitor. You mention 'TW', what's this?
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    She may have been referring to TrendWeight -- that is what I use w/my Withings scale. I like TrendWeight more than the Withings app/site.
  • editorgrrl
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Bah, sorry about the typo! Yes, I meant TrendWeight. Stupid autocorrect—and shame on me for not proofreading. (I'm supposedly an editor!)

I can't report my post in iOS, so it'll take me a while to get a mod to edit it. Apologies!
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the aria scale... I'm honest not in love with it. The body fat %age is completely off. I've had mine tested with calipers. It also changes so much when you step on. I can step on, get one reading, then step on again and I can be 3-3-5 pounds heavier or lighter. It has a mind of its own.. i don't like it synced with MFP because it will update your weight constantly.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    If you don't like your Aria, return it. I ignore my body fat readings & changed my settings so my weight doesn't post to my MFP feed: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Nayners21 wrote: »
    I have the aria scale... I'm honest not in love with it. The body fat %age is completely off. I've had mine tested with calipers. It also changes so much when you step on. I can step on, get one reading, then step on again and I can be 3-3-5 pounds heavier or lighter. It has a mind of its own.. i don't like it synced with MFP because it will update your weight constantly.

Ouch, that's the basic test of a good scale. Consistency.

I'd return it too if the BF% isn't useful, but they will hear your test and want to replace it - I don't think you got a good unit, though it does speak to quality control, because I've heard a couple more mention it too now.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The fat% was registering the same as my Tanita scale.
    For any of the fat/Water% scales, to get accurate readings you have to weigh at the same time everytime, naked with clean dry feet.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Nayners21 wrote: »

Is there a way to not have it sync with MFP if you are using a fitbit and have your fitbit synched? It seems like the two are included in the one app?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    Is there a way to not have it sync with MFP if you are using a fitbit and have your fitbit synched? It seems like the two are included in the one app?

Your Aria scale and your Fitbit tracker are associated with the same Fitbit account, so you can either sync both of them with MFP or neither of them.

I posted a link above to stop showing your weigh-ins in your newsfeed. That's the only workaround.