Sweet tooth blues

15off
15off Posts: 48 Member
I'm beginning to think the sweet tooth/cravings are based on stress and emotion. I'd LOVE to have a low calorie, non soy chocolate pudding recipe to deal with my emotions...anyone have anything??

Replies

• carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Not sure if it is low calorie, but have you tried chia seeds puddings?
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Not a chocolate pudding recipe but I will share my quick fix for a sweet tooth. 1 banana split and halved, 1 tbsp of carob nibs, 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter dropped over the banana, 1 tbsp of raisins and 1 Tbsp of maple syrup drizzled over the whole thing = 280 calories and is quite satisfying.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    qxana1969 wrote: »
    Not a chocolate pudding recipe but I will share my quick fix for a sweet tooth. 1 banana split and halved, 1 tbsp of carob nibs, 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter dropped over the banana, 1 tbsp of raisins and 1 Tbsp of maple syrup drizzled over the whole thing = 280 calories and is quite satisfying.

my kind of snack!
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    some feel if you are getting adequate protein your desire for sweet will be suppressed
  • cristiebee
    cristiebee Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the MFP community, but have been vegan for over 2 years now. I love the MFP app so decided to explore it a lttle and found the forums, glad I did. I make this on a fairly reg basis as our go-to dessert: 3 frozen bananas (need to be really hard frozen so overnight is best). Use a high speed blender *NINJA rules* and break up the frozen bananas into the container. Add vanilla unsweetened almond milk, about 1/2 - 1 cup, starting with 1/2. blend until creamy, add milk as needed and scrape down the sides to mix completely to a soft-serve consistency. You can add vanilla extract and leave it as-is, or add PB2, frozen dark sweet cherries, non-dairy choc chips and walnuts or pecans. All this blended together is about 150 cal for 1/2 cup serving depending on the ingredients used. Absolutely delicious and can be frozen as individual servings.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    My go to is vegan dark chocolate (Safeway Select Almond & Blueberry Dark Chocolate is my go to but there are others) along with a cup of tea. I break up the dark chocolate into teeeeeeeny tiny pieces and savor each one, letting it melt a little in my mouth. It takes forever to eat like this and totally satisfies my sweet craving for only about 100 cal