Is 10 lbs a reasonable goal?

Options
I think that roughly 5 lbs a month is not too outrageous. What I have found is more important is being accountable to someone besides me. I can find a great many reasons to buy a quart of ice cream and dive in, but if my weight is observed by someone else, then that's a different story. So I'm all in for this challenge!

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Interesting, because for me, the challenges are more personal in nature. I love having the spreadsheet-view, especially historically. So great to look back at the weight I was at when I found stormi's first challenge last spring. Then compare it to now! I set some ambitious goals for some of the challenges and sometimes I met them, but regardless if I did or not, I always lost and my weight has decreased. I think I'll stick with a 1 pound per week goal again for this challenge because I know I *can* do it. Coming close to that goal will be great and meeting it would be fantastic. Either way, I'm all in too!
  • Oddsocks15
    Oddsocks15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can I join? i'm in the UK and would like to lose 2 pound per week :)
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ideally I would like to loose 15 by Valentines day, but I would be happy with 10.
  • steffy5
    steffy5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to drop 10 but would be delighted just to drop any lbs
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am ready to get serious with this challenge! My goal is to lose 4 pounds by Valentine's Day. I also aim to log 250 miles walking or biking during this challenge. Best of luck to everyone in reaching your goals!
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My goal is 14lbs by Valentine's day. Good luck everyone!
  • LoveMyGrands605
    LoveMyGrands605 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great goal. About seven weeks, so seven pounds. Although I'll take anything I can get.
  • nicnikkinicolette
    Options
    my goal is to lose between 6 and 7 pounds for this challenge.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I'm in need of some serious motivation. If anyone would like to be motivation buddies I'd be all in, seriously :)
    My cw is 183, I'd like to lose 6 pounds by Valentines day to be about 177.
  • Starlingwriter
    Starlingwriter Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 5 lbs by Valentines Day. I'm just getting back in the game after a personal setback, and this challenge seems like the perfect kick in the pants I need!
  • 2014june
    2014june Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Anything i lose will be a bonus for me .
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in six or seven weeks looks like an achievable goal. To lose more than 10 pounds is possible, but it would need more privation than I am willing to endure.

I personnally try to lose between 1.25 and 1.3 pounds per week, so my goal for this challenge will be 8 pounds. That's in line with my first big goal for the year 2015 that is to shed 45 pounds before september (I actually have lost 37 pounds in 8 months, so that is probably doable with a little more commitment).
  • LittleMy2014
    LittleMy2014 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add, SilverStormi! I'm going to try for 4 pounds in this challenge, have failed miserably in the past couple of challenges and fell off the radar but I am back :)

Is there a spreadsheet link yet?

emmielou77, I am in the UK too, so you're not alone.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'd like to keep losing about 1 lb/week, although I'm not going to be bothered if I lose less. Since I'm pretty close to goal I am okay with the rate going down, but I actually find it frustrating to aim for less than 1 lb/week, as the fluctuations tend to make the scale going down harder to see when it's at such a slow rate, and then I end up feeling less motivated (although to be honest I just needed a break in December).

I'm one of those people who really love goals and get motivated by them and that includes the boring old New Year's ones, so I expect to get my motivation back with the new year and will aim for about 6 lbs. My guess is that will mean 125, but I'll set it officially when I weigh in at the end of this week.
  • jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to lose 15lbs during this challenge. I think it will be doable because I have a lot to lose (like 150lbs) and I have been eating a ton of junk over the holidays so I think I will have some water weight to lose. I honestly will be happy with anything though, as long as the scale starts going down instead of up.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am in for ANY LOSSS !!! I have been stuck lately gaining and losing the same 3-4 lbs. Have been trying to lose the final 15 lbs. for MONTHS now I am hoping that i can come back stronger like i was before summer started. I am looking at 30 day ab regimen and trying to get back out running this January. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !! (*)
  • LMS1230
    Options
    I'd like to lose between 8-10 pounds for this challenge. If I stay away from carbs I can do it. I already gave up soda and junk food. It's the carby foods holding me back. time to cut back quite a bit on them....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Okay, today's weigh-in is 132.5 (up about 2 over the holidays, but I'm hoping some of this is easy to get rid of water weight related to yesterday's Indian extravaganza). So my goal for Valentine's Day is 7.5 lbs, or 125.
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Right now I weigh 209 pounds. Unfortunately, all I have done for the past couple of months is "stress eat" and gain weight. I would like to get back down into Onederland during this challenge.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    in for 5 pounds this challenge