Ideas to Keep the Group Fun!

Options
Please leave a short description about something you enjoy doing in weight loss groups that keep you motivated.
Even if it has already been said , because I want to try and make this an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Ideas we have so far:

*Separating into teams
*Challenges (Individual & Team)
*Spreadsheet to keep track of everyone's progress ( I can do this and post weekly)
*Possibly setting up a Facebook Group to keep everyone more connected. I don't like how we cant congratulate people on their losses with in the group setting.

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Love all your ideas.
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    I like the Facebook group idea. I have a friend that is interested in doing a challenge of some sort but we just cannot not find something that is motivational enough
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    I will for sure be opening the Facebook page Under 150 days until Summer Weight Loss Group!
  • clrgsy40
    clrgsy40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, happy to help with set up / spreadsheets etc if needed just shout.
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    Here's a thought I have.... I really love watching Biggest loser and for some reason I get really competitive when trying to out run (I'm horrible at running) or out lose someone in weight loss( i fail a lot!). I would like to try a biggest loser set-up but I'm not 100% how to run it. Every week the lowest loser goes home. I don't like that because anyone who has been on a serious weight-loss journey has failed many times. So I was thinking maybe a challenge of running so many miles by May. Or if enough people want to try the Biggest loser, we can do that, I just don't want people to get discouraged. Or we could split into teams depending on how many we get and do weight loss challenges each week.
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    P.S. The Facebook Group is Open for those who want to join that!
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jjsA_km2ldlFJ8XEOk2plaA7G98KsDkSfzuhvW0_BcM/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the Google Doc I set-up for us to keep track of the group if you guys want to!
    I have the first week formatted correctly all you have to do is locate your name and input your beginning weight on January 1 and every week after! :smile: Any questions feel free to ask!
  • bm1409
    Options
    For some reason I am not finding the FB page. I try searching for 150 days until summer but I dont see anything.
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It will not let my edit the google doc with my weigh in...help!

oh and, bm1409, I had to change my search options to 'groups' to find the FB group. It is private and you have to send a request to be approved
  • bm1409
    Options
    thank you .... I found it.
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi maginsky,
    The spread sheet will not let me edit it to enter my beginning weight or 1/1/2015 weight. Thanks for building it. Best of luck perfecting it. I know these things can be tricky.
    Carolyn
  • FollowerOfGod14
    FollowerOfGod14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can help with the spreadsheet if you need some help, I'm very familiar with Google Docs. It is currently not letting us edit it to add our weights :)