logging a different exercise

Options
when doing another exercise such as kettlebells or water aerobics do I have to log it into MFP or will the fitbit do that for me.....how does it know what all I have done, so that I will get the correct calorie burn count

Replies

• shrinkyy
    shrinkyy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have to search for the exercise in MFP and add it. It'll have a little "start" time section if you've linked your fitbit to MFP and you enter what time you started working out, and enter how long it was for as usual. Then that will sync to your fitbit dashboard and add all the calories. But the fitbit itself tracks steps like walking and running so it can't tell when you're lifting weights and things like that :)
  • shrinkyy
    shrinkyy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a fitbit charge HR, I'm not sure about those cause they have a heart rate monitor which could track activities/calories burned a bit better, I assume
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Exercise can be logged either in MFP or in Fitbit—never both.
  • mpawlicki
    mpawlicki Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't fitbit count most of that swimming as taking steps, due to the arm movement? If so, should that exercise not be counted, or should perhaps fitbit not be used during it?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You may get steps for swimming—but not an accurate burn. Non-step exercise like swimming and biking should be logged either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both.

And leaving your Fitbit on during exercise does not result in double-dipping your calories.