New To The Group

Options
BeccaKay96
BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
Just joined, Played soccer and volleyball most of my school life. I am taking up running again to try and lose weight/get fit. I live in the mountains of Colorado and will be trail running therefore I am starting slow! High altitude, hills and freezing winter will be a challenge enough! 25 miles for October, my first challenge wish me luck!!! Add me if you like :)

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We do have a topic already for Introductions. Feel free to read other member's posts there and get to learn more about your fellow group members. Again welcome and hope you enjoy it here. Good luck!!! :-)
  • Courtneycox17
    Options
    Hi. Im very new to well all of this including eating healthier and exercising... My family and I arw trying to loose weight before the summer. We are going on a big vacation and to do one of the big things we all haft to loose weight. Me being the smallest in the family i haft to loose the least amount. My problem.... its almost impossible to eat healthy....when you don't like veggies....

I know i know!! But i try i REALLY do! My parents are getting upset about how much im asking them to buy a new veggie to try then i don't like it.

So instead im trying to
    1. Cut everything i eat in half
    2. Not eat any Rice Bread or Pasta and
    3. Start exercising

My problem i literally live on Rice Bread Pasta and Meat... THATS ITS!

So im hoping if i start to intake an extreme less amount of carbs my taste buds will change and i won't be addicted to it anymore and veggies will taste better and i can get healthier. Because i really want to. I would LOVE to eat and like my veggies or beans but i don't.

So in January im exercising and I've already started to eat less of bread and all that and cut my meals in half. Im hoping and praying i can do it...
  • Courtneycox17
    Options
    And for the January running challenge probably just 25 miles because i haven't ran in a LONG time and i HATE running in the cold :(
  • allaboutmegee
    Options
    Hi my name is Gwen and im going for 200 miles. I have been out of it for 9 months so I am ready to go full force.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Gwen and im going for 200 miles. I have been out of it for 9 months so I am ready to go full force.

You've been out of it for 9 months yet are going for 200 miles in January? I hope you're kidding. :)
  • allaboutmegee
    Options
    It was a type error was suppose to be 20 miles.
  • clacoste0102
    clacoste0102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am new here....I use to be very athletic and then just got busy with life and let myself go. I am going to have to start with walking/jogging but would like to work my way up to running again. My goal is 50 miles this month
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new people. I hope you enjoy this group and all the monthly challenges. Please have a look in the "Introduce Yourself" thread that is at the top of the Announcements for more introductions from our members.