Spreadsheet issue

Options
ViolaLeeBlueberry
ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Wow, I logged 26 miles yesterday!

Oh. No. Wait. I didn't.

Hmmm, something's up with the spreadsheet conversion from miles to km. It actually converted yesterday when I logged my distance in km ... it came out as miles in the total ... but this morning the names are all highlighted in red (so you can't see who logs in km) and the totals didn't convert and come out in miles.

Also, could there be a direct link from the top of the group page? I swear there was one a few days ago and now it's gone.

Theory: Maybe Y2K happened kinda late, and only partially?

Replies

• Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely some gremlins at work there. Yesterday was fine but today - think I'll wait till it's sorted till I log today's kms.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm on it. Sorry, even though I set the total to protected it appears all the code for the KM people has been accidentally deleted so er... that didn't work. Can you please re-highlight your name in red and I'll fix it up again.

Viola, Kaplat, CW, you've been fixed. I forget who the others are so please make yourselves known.

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING IN THE TOTAL FIELDS!
  • Kaplat
    Options
    Thanks lexbubbles :-)
  • lexbubbles
    Options
    Right. I've got an idea of why it was. I think locking the total to prevent editing by other people meant that if anyone else sorted alphabetically the totals don't move with them?

So I'm unlocking the total fields. Please DO NOT edit the total fields.

Also please check your miles as the late arrivals may have put you out of sync.
  • Kaplat
    Options
    My two entries disappeared so have logged them again. Hope that doesn't mess things up for you again Lexbubbles! Good job it was only two entries or I might not have remembered the amounts :-)
  • lexbubbles
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No, I think everything should be ok now. The issue (as far as I can tell) was that protecting the 'total' column so that only I could edit it ALSO prevented that column from sorting, so when people were sorting name a-z, the totals weren't moving at the same time and so everyone got jumbled up. The day-by-day were also in a separate unprotected range so I think it all got a bit... disconnected.

I've removed the protection range now, so that should no longer be an issue. Thankfully I figured it out before we got too far in! Sorry!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    ok, except I had to reenter my total from yesterday