MOTIVATION!!!!!

Replies

• Farmgirlfit85
    Farmgirlfit85 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm finding getting back on track with my eating is proving more challenging than expected. I've up'd my workout routine, but it just makes me want to eat more. Especially after Xmas there's quite a bit of leftovers and of course chocolate!
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2014
    I put the yummiest treats in the freezer. Most Christmas cookies actually freeze well, and now it's less tempting to graze on them! I'll defrost them when I have guests over.

For extra motivation I entered a HealthyWage challenge.

(My actual due date is 29-Sep-2015, but losing 20lbs by Easter would be a good milestone putting me in striking distance of my goal. Missing it? Well..!?! Let's not do that. :))
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    I have started the logging of food and the attempt to get to 10K steps per day... it is getting there :)
  • rororulz
    rororulz Posts: 1 Member
    I have been off and on with My Fitness Pal, this is the year. I have 5 grandchildren and one more on the way and want to be around for a long healthy life with them. And yes, today is a fresh new page in the book.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    A Clean Slate ~
    "Every man should be born again on the first day of January.

Start with a fresh page." ~Henry Ward Beecher

bl5by6iemnbo.jpg

A fresh page or a clean slate.

January 1st is a chance to start over.

This year, believe that anything is possible...

nxm6p7em264h.jpg

I will try to do all these things!

zuf727h41q3o.jpg

• I started a while back to lose weight for the cruise my family and I are going on in March, but have troubles keeping up. When better to start than the new year? Good luck to everyone!
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    1/1/15: I will find a new job this year!
    1/1/15: This year, I am going to continue losing weight. By summer, I will be at my goal weight of 150 lbs. I will be successful by:
    1. Logging my foods
    2. Continuing to exercise 2-3 times per week (on my days off)
    3. With-staining from alcohol, starting with the month of January
    4. Continuing to eat right
    The last 2 months have been a little slower because I have let myself indulge over the holidays. However, the holidays are over! It is time to get back on track and make sure that I am treating my body the way that it needs to be treated!
  • curryblume
    curryblume Posts: 22 Member
    I really like the ideas posted!
    Thank you very much.
    I can't add anybody as a friend, can anybody help? I also can't look at any body's profile.
  • curryblume
    rororulz wrote: »
    I have been off and on with My Fitness Pal, this is the year. I have 5 grandchildren and one more on the way and want to be around for a long healthy life with them. And yes, today is a fresh new page in the book.

• curryblume
    curryblume wrote: »

It's nice not to be the only one over 50.
    I find it much harder to lose weight than twenty years ago.
  • dianemcan
    dianemcan Posts: 6 Member
    These are all great motivations. I am printing the "This Year..Believe that anything is possible..." quote and putting it on my fridge. That one has all the points I want to achieve this year. I am going to add Be Grateful to the list since I want to remember to appreciate life and be thankful everyday . Thank you!
  • Deewithadoo
    Deewithadoo Posts: 26 Member

It's nice not to be the only one over 50.
    I find it much harder to lose weight than twenty years ago.

• Deewithadoo
    Deewithadoo Posts: 26 Member
    I'm over 50 too. But , that only means we have 50 MORE years to live better! Right? I like this motivation page!!
    We can lose 20 pounds by Easter!!44cmbp1uep1g.gif
  • misslisamo
    misslisamo Posts: 14 Member
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Yesterday I cleaned out my hanging clothes in my closet and filled one big box and two bags of clothes that are too big!! Today I cleaned most of the shelves in my closet and filled two more bags. That's MOTIVATION!!
    avu41wk4f0f7.jpg
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Yesterday I cleaned out my hanging clothes in my closet and filled one big box and two bags of clothes that are too big!! Today I cleaned most of the shelves in my closet and filled two more bags. That's MOTIVATION!!
    avu41wk4f0f7.jpg

Great job! Very motivating. Out with the old in with the new!