Random Thoughts about the Group

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
In the previous 100 days group I sent over 2000 random invites all over the world on MFP and got over 550 members. For the sequel I have sent only two invites and some spreading the word on the 'Introduce Yourself' and 'Getting Started' message boards on MFP. If any member has a chance then please share the link for this group with your friends and other message boards. Based on my experience we may not have more than 10% of the members sticking to the end. So, more the better at the start.

Another beautiful day here in LA. I intend to walk at least 30 minutes and stay with in my calories limit.

Replies

• spacesinger
    spacesinger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was down for almost 40 days due to a surgery. And all hell broke loose in terms of diet and exercise in this period. I had trouble starting again, so I am really glad I found this group today. Started going to the gym again. Hopefully this will keep me motivated. Thanks! :)
  • brendamac464
    brendamac464 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start this with y'all. It's exactly what I need. I will be active on here until the end so def count on me for encouragement.
    So am I a group member just by logging in? Is there anything else I need to do?
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Excited to be apart of this group! I know it doesn't start till the 11th but I am tracking calories, and water intake already. I am also giving up my artificially sweetened green tea, which will be a challenge as I am seriously addicted to the stuff! I am also hoping to add a walk in after I get the Christmas decorations put away!
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was not in the first group but have done a 90 day challenge a few years ago and loved it. Please feel free to add me. Im taking off the baby weight! but he is 1 so it is just leftovers!
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the effort those who put forth effort into making this come together. I am excited to be a part of this.
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't wait to start this with y'all. It's exactly what I need. I will be active on here until the end so def count on me for encouragement.
    So am I a group member just by logging in? Is there anything else I need to do?

Members are encouraged to log in their details in the spreadsheet (the link is under group info and in The Spreadsheet - discussion thread. Members can add their MFP handle, current weight and 100 days goal weight. Every 10 days, ranking milestone days, the group will issue its rankings based on goal%age achieved. Check out the spreadsheet and post any questions here if you like.
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The milestone dates expect that members have updated their current weight during that time. The way we focus on our goal is to track along the time passed. So, if at first milestone date 1/20/15 which is at 10th day of the challenge, 10% of the challenge time has passed, if any member has achieved 10% of their goal then they are on track, above that means you are leading the pack, below 10% means little catching up.
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to log our current weight now, with our goal, or do we set a new, weight/ goal as of the 11th?
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    We also track the whole group performance. Based on the number of challengers and their goals I will set a group target to lose the weight. This number is shown in a speedometer chart in the Spreadsheet. We all cheer along as we achieve that goal as a group.

One important thing. We had seen that when members don't achieve their goals they start dropping from the challenge. Now before the member choose to quit, please consider two options: 1) Lower your stated goal or 2) Know that we will have another sequel and another so, take this as a learning opportunity.

I achieved only 22% of my stated goal in the previous challenge and was at the bottom of the challengers list. So, stay put. The 100 days challenge is just a start of amazing challenge that we all will have to carry on.
  • sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hoping this will help keep me on track with my goals !
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    We also track the whole group performance. Based on the number of challengers and their goals I will set a group target to lose the weight. This number is shown in a speedometer chart in the Spreadsheet. We all cheer along as we achieve that goal as a group.

One important thing. We had seen that when members don't achieve their goals they start dropping from the challenge. Now before the member choose to quit, please consider two options: 1) Lower your stated goal or 2) Know that we will have another sequel and another so, take this as a learning opportunity.

I achieved only 22% of my stated goal in the previous challenge and was at the bottom of the challengers list. So, stay put. The 100 days challenge is just a start of amazing challenge that we all will have to carry on.

Achieving 22% of your goal is better than gaining! Thanks for setting up this challenge.
  • slimdeb1
    slimdeb1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for organizing this challenge. I'm excited to be a part of it!
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    Are we supposed to log our current weight now, with our goal, or do we set a new, weight/ goal as of the 11th?

I will recommend that members log their current weight and goal now or as soon as possible. Current weight can be updated on 1/11/15 or any date after that.
  • katlady13
    katlady13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am really looking forward to the challenge. I know it's a 100 days but what date does it the challenge finish? Thanks for organizing this.. it will keep me motivated :)
  • katlady13
    katlady13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ignore LOL just seen it finishes 20th April !
  • dawsonmel
    dawsonmel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is very exciting!!! I look forward to reaching my first goal in 100 days!