Weigh ins - how often?

Options
How often would everyone like to see weigh-ins for the challenge?

I weigh weekly, personally - so that's my preference, but in setting up the rest of the spreadsheet, I wanted to take in others opinions?

Replies

• Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do every week as well.
  • bkaye1967
    bkaye1967 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I prefer weekly weigh-ins as well. Thanks!
  • sweetsluver
    sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yes, weekly
  • ollerwe
    ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I answererd this question but I can not see any record of it. Anyhow: once a week is fine. But it could be cool if the weigh-in is evry tenth day. This way we have ten weighings in a kind of countdown. 3... 2... 1... and we have achieved our gol! :)
    Just a thought. A weekly wigh-in is fine
  • sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like ollerwe's idea of weigh ins every ten days! but once a week will work too. I'm good with either.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Ok, so we have so far 7 or 10 days.. We have a few more days to decide - I will count up everyone's votes in about a week then set up the rest of the spreadsheet.
  • RBTC
    RBTC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like the ten day idea!
  • Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 day idea too!
  • vaunche
    vaunche Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    my vote is the10 day
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    10 for me!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    10 sounds fine
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Once a week sounds good. Anymore time just puts me in the frame of mind to have cheat days. LOL
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like the countdown idea - and it would definitely work better with the 10 format. :)
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 days because I'd you see on the 7th day or your preferable weekly weigh in day that your off, you 3 extra days to make adjustments.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Ok, I see where this is going. :) We have 9 votes for 10 day weigh in, vs 5 for weekly.. So I'll set up the spreadsheet for 10 day weigh-ins. I've also set up a few metrics off the right side (total weight loss to date and % of goal). If anyone would like to see any other metrics like this, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  • ollerwe
    Options
    Great! I will take a look! Thank you, bwmalone.
  • ollerwe
    Options
    We are 32 participants. Great!
    bwmalone: May I make a suggestion? Just to make it more thrilling :) Could you make a total weight loss square? We lost alltogether a couple of pounds this time, counting ups and downs. We have a record to beat next time! Could it be something?
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bwmalone. It will take some adjustment for 10 days, but I can see it really makes sense as far as the time-frame for this challenge. I usually weigh-in on Mondays but I can adjust. I think the idea of a weight loss square is a good idea too. =)
  • sexykima
    sexykima Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks, bwmalone! I like the 10 day frame work - will give us all a chance to see bigger weight loss numbers at each weigh in :)

I agree with ollerwe and mspmpayne - it would be cool to see our entire group's weight loss number in the matrix. We could lose over 200 pounds - thats like getting one big, hairy orangutan off our backs!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Sure! I added the cumulative total at the top along with a title.

And - everyone's welcome to call me Brett