hclf.....?

Options
Curious on thoughts on a high carb low fat diet... I've done raw till 4 and a version of starch solution... Would love to know pros and con's... I'm in a weird situation... Trying to gain weight but lose fat, especially around my stomach... Skinny fat is not what I like or want! Any sites or help would b great... In not really sure what I should be shooting for to achieve goals... Thank you for your support/help :)

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Because I have to cook for my family, 3 young kids and a husband, I found it unsustainable. My fats and proteins were always too high for hclf. They are still way lower than what MFP recommends though, like 15-20 fats and proteins, the rest carb. I have a lot of weight to lose though.
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tried that first when I went vegan, and it's not that bad. Personally though, I didn't like it. I felt it was too personally restrictive, because I found myself obsessing over how much fat to eat. The one lesson I took from it was to limit oils (For the most part) but now I enjoy tons of high fat plant food, as long as it fits calorie wise. But I saw go for it and try it if you want!
  • KrisBitz
    KrisBitz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    New Vegan Group, Join Us: facebook.com/groups/VeganInTraining
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm generally high carb low fat at the moment, I tend to aim for 801010 but dont beat myself up if I have more fat or protein. I love this way of eating, it seems to really work for me. I've lost a couple of inches already and have more energy and focus than I ever have done. :]