Pre-start: 1/5/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Happy Monday everyone!

I hit my goals yesterday. It was tough getting my steps done, but I persevered. My husband gave me a beginners swimming workout to try and it was great. Much better than just getting in the pool and aimlessly swimming laps for 30 minutes.

My goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. Yoga & strength training

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I just joined the group the other day so I guess today will be day one for me posting goals.

Today's goals:
    1. Cardio and strength training (arms & abs)
    2. Stay in calorie goal
    3. Wear activity tracker
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I just joined the group the other day so I guess today will be day one for me posting goals.

Today's goals:
    1. Cardio and strength training (arms & abs)
    2. Stay in calorie goal
    3. Wear activity tracker

So happy to see you here! Good luck on your goals!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!

For some strange reason, I feel like doing the opposite of the general trend. Around this time of year, motivation is really high, and almost everyone is riding the wave:) I'm not going to lie, I really got caught up in it last week... It took me a few days to see the errors in my way.
    So, as everyone is pushing hard and testing their will's limits, I will be on the other side, getting back to basics and listening to the cues of my body.
    My basics:
    1. Nutrition- I work with my body not against it!
    If I'm hungry I eat ( healthy food)
    2. Exercise - 80/20 rule: 80% diet, 20% exercise
    Done for pleasure alone!!!
    It only takes about 3-hours a week
    to reap the benefits ( as long as it's
    done properly)
    3. Sleep/rest -makes all other efforts pay off.
    Brings balance, lowers stress
    ( stress will release insulin and
    Insulin tells your body to store
    fat because it believes hard times
    are coming)
    General advice
    Use the motivation you have to build habits of success.
    I found that successful people learn to enjoy the journey rather then chase after the prize !!!

Well, now that I wrote all that I feel better :blush:
    Be kind to yourselfs and make this day fabulous!!!!

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Mondays are my record weigh-in day: This is the 4th time in a year when I have had no loss (or gain), so I can’t be too disappointed – but as usual I had hoped for 1 lb. I’m fairly certain I would have knocked off 1 pound if not for going over my sodium goal Sunday. Lesson learned.

As one source indicates: “Excess sodium intake can temporarily increase your body weight by about 2 to 3 pounds within a day or two of consumption.”

Cardiologist appt. today went well. I hadn’t seen this particular physician in a while and he was impressed and gratified. I outlined the foods I was eating and my calorie intake…he said I was doing everything as I should and to stay on track. The technician performing a Doppler ultrasound also inquired “Did you do it on your own?” and also asked questions.

Going to try and treat foot a bit longer on my own...going to gym to see what I can do to burn a few calories...unlike most people - I love the treadmill...just not sure if I can last long on it.
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!

For some strange reason, I feel like doing the opposite of the general trend. Around this time of year, motivation is really high, and almost everyone is riding the wave:) I'm not going to lie, I really got caught up in it last week... It took me a few days to see the errors in my way.
    So, as everyone is pushing hard and testing their will's limits, I will be on the other side, getting back to basics and listening to the cues of my body.
    My basics:
    1. Nutrition- I work with my body not against it!
    If I'm hungry I eat ( healthy food)
    2. Exercise - 80/20 rule: 80% diet, 20% exercise
    Done for pleasure alone!!!
    It only takes about 3-hours a week
    to reap the benefits ( as long as it's
    done properly)
    3. Sleep/rest -makes all other efforts pay off.
    Brings balance, lowers stress
    ( stress will release insulin and
    Insulin tells your body to store
    fat because it believes hard times
    are coming)
    General advice
    Use the motivation you have to build habits of success.
    I found that successful people learn to enjoy the journey rather then chase after the prize !!!

Well, now that I wrote all that I feel better :blush:
    Be kind to yourselfs and make this day fabulous!!!!

I am also getting "back to basics" and trying not to stress. I can easily go to a crazy place and let counting calories and losing weight dominate my thinking. Trying not do that this time around because I want it to last. I want to be healthy and I am learning it takes a life change not a diet to do it. Thanks for posting these!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Maybe I was reading into things too much, but today was the first time I've been to the gym since Dec 30, and it felt really high-stress. It was also very crowded. It made me want to get in and out, so my workout wasn't as great as I feel it could have been - I might try and go at a different time tomorrow, instead of my usual noon-hour trip.

Today's goals:

1. Cardio + strength circuit at the gym (Done)
    2. Drink 2.5L of water or green tea before dinner
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Awhitley, I love to hear I'm not alone. When it comes to lifestyle, small changes and good habits are easy to live with and believe me, they pay off big time!!!!