Focus T-25

Options
I'm starting my 2nd week of Focus T-25. Last week was mostly humiliating, but I showed up and pressed play 2x already this week. I'm having to modify the modified exercises and it isn't pretty. It's kind of taking the wind out of my sails and I feel like I'm not getting a good workout, even though I'm sore and tired. Anybody else gone through this?

Replies

• SamuraiK1tty
    SamuraiK1tty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, you address not alone. I frequently have knee pain so I also have to modify some of the modified moves, especially the lunges.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yes, been there. Most important is just keep pressing play, even a bad day with T25 is better than a good day on the couch. The hardest part about T25 is that because it's only 25 mins you truly need to focus on the one thing Shaun T is asking you to focus on during each exercise whether its balance or squeezing your core, forget the rest.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting T25 after completing Insanity so I have a 30 min. workout option at home. How does it compare?
  • VegGram
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement and commiseration! This is much different than any kind of workout I've done before. I've always been a weights and step aerobics kind of exerciser, so these sports drills exercises are pretty hard, as new things often are.
    I've been thinking about getting T25 after completing Insanity so I have a 30 min. workout option at home. How does it compare?

Even though I know how to modify some exercises, I couldn't do Insanity w/o modifying everything, so I got T-25 because there is a modifier and it is only 25 min., which helps me talk myself into starting and finishing.

They say that Insanity graduates should start with the Beta phase of T-25, because Alpha would be too easy. I've not yet even viewed Beta, but I'm only on week 2 of Alpha and it's kickin' my butt, but this is my re-entry into regular workouts after a semester off and 15 lbs. gained (on top of the 15 I already needed to lose), so it makes sense that it's tough for me.

There is the new Insanity Max 30, which supposedly has 30 min. workouts, so that is an idea, too, if you're liking Insanity. I thought about progressing to that one when I'm done with T-25, but I've got to focus on where I am... the beginning, LOL!
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity and T25, in my opinion, they really don't compare much. T25 is basically an extended version of the Insanity warm ups (which were about 10 mins in themselves). T25 is much lower impact and your doing most of the exercises only once (as opposed to the circuit style of Insanity) which I really appreciated. With insanity its a little easier to go through the motions after awhile but with T25 I consistently needed to remind myself to focus just for those 25 mins.

T25 is still a great program, awesome cardio with lower impact but I'd say Insanity is tougher and burns more cals. Good luck, post progress!
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started T25 last night. Clearly, I'm out of shape because my legs are a little sore today :) Not quite as sore as my first time doing TurboJam, but still...for a 25 min workout, it makes me happy. I'd like to do one of those plus a gym workout a day...
  • VegGram
    Options
    Great going! Yes, I'm sore with T-25 too, much more so than expected.
  • VegGram
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    T25 is basically an extended version of the Insanity warm ups (which were about 10 mins in themselves).

Yikes! No wonder I couldn't do it. This will take some working up to to try it again.

• mebinder2
    Options
    I have Insanity - and have tried numerous times to finish it. The farthest I got was week 7, and then got injured (not related). I ALWAYS had to modify a chunk of the workout, especially the second month.
    -
    I just got T25 in the hopes that only 25 minutes is something I can handle without too much modification. I think that it is really similar to an extended warm up from Insanity, which is great for me. I also wanted something that was lower impact. Insanity is a ton of jumping, and for me, was hard on my knees.
  • VegGram
    VegGram Posts: 19
    Options
    mebinder2 wrote: »
    I also wanted something that was lower impact. Insanity is a ton of jumping, and for me, was hard on my knees.

Yes, the knees and the lower back for me, too. So far, I have had none of those problems with T-25, just good muscle soreness, knowing I worked hard.

• kyungs
    kyungs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just started T25.. and i mean "just". Got through day 1 with a LOT of modification but as someone said above.. better to have 25 minutes doing this than on the couch. I'm 55 years old, 25 pounds overweight with systemic nerve damage and my balance and coordination isn't what it used to be. I'm also throwing in some weights from body beast to try to work on strength training. We'll see what a highly modified hybrid routine does for this old lady.
  • Nutn899
    Nutn899 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was tempted to sell my T25. I get bored with the same old routines so I skip around a lot. I will use turbofire one day, T25 the next, piyo the next and so on. I do work out everyday though. I've never made it to the beta cycle on T25 so I decided to just try some of those workouts. I absolutely love the upper body workout on T25!
  • bsotherland
    Options
    VegGram wrote: »
    I'm starting my 2nd week of Focus T-25. Last week was mostly humiliating, but I showed up and pressed play 2x already this week. I'm having to modify the modified exercises and it isn't pretty. It's kind of taking the wind out of my sails and I feel like I'm not getting a good workout, even though I'm sore and tired. Anybody else gone through this?

• bsotherland
    Options
    yes ma'am. thts the hardest part. stay in it and you will amaze yourself! i was in the same shoes. Now I'm on beta and loving it!
  • bsotherland
    Options
    do it you'll love it! the best part is tht you get a great workout in a short amount of time. if you can do insanity you can do 25
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity 3x and am in the first week of Gamma for T25 I love both but they do not compare...one thing that I found with t25 is that doing it barefoot or in socks on my carpet kept my knees from twisting. I've got another 5 weeks left of T25 and debating on doing it again but mixing the phases or going straight to Insanity Max30....does anybody have a T25 hybrid schedule?
  • VegGram
    VegGram Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the encouragement! I completed 2 full weeks of Alpha. I rested yesterday and Total Body went much better for me today :smile:
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is my first day of T25, and I am sore...I love it!!
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Not sure what to think yet. I loved p90x3, and am just looking for variety.
    Yes, it was good cardio but I hope it ramps up on the strength training too!