Mini challenge: Jan1 -Jan 7

Options
mycrazy8splus1
mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
Exercise challenge: Our goal this week is to burn 600 calories a day (or more) for 5 days and 300 for the other 2 (3600 calories for the week) . You may do this with any exercise or group of exercises you like. If you need to modify this to do less of a burn or more of a burn do it!
Make it work for you!!

Non exercise challenge: Try incorporating at least one of these into your days.

Drink a glass of water before every meal.
Eliminate fast food and fried foods.
Don’t eat carbs after lunch.
Eat protein with every meal.
Consume apples and berries every day.

Replies

• annziexo
    annziexo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    And today I shall begin! :) good luck everyone.
  • Singlemama09
    Singlemama09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im gonna give it a go
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    1. DONE - Drink a glass of water before every meal.
    2. DONE -no fast food and fried foods.
    3. DONE - ate 2 apples today
  • Stephen0077
    Options
    Just found this group at the end of the day and completed four out of the five without even knowing about it! :smile: This looks like fun.
  • scruff_farrier
    scruff_farrier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just found this group at the end of the day and completed four out of the five without even knowing about it! :smile: This looks like fun.

Agreed, and same. Definitely giving this a go.
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    no Carbs after lunch will be my focus
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 1: 317 calories burned (guess I should make this one of my low days)
  • Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Okey giving it a go
    Yesterday were just around 300 calories so have to put that as a low day
    Non food yesterday were: Water before each meal, change apple with clementine or carrot (since my stomach dont fancy apple) + some berries, no fast food or fried food and protein in each meal :)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 2: 668 calories apple, water, no fried or fast food, protein every meal
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 3: 457 calories had a funeral to go to so didn't get much in today, ate crap, snack food at the funeral and a soda, blah!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 3: 457 calories had a funeral to go to so didn't get much in today, ate crap, snack food at the funeral and a soda, blah!
    Day 4: 841 calories burned. No fast or fried foods, protein with each meal, apple/berries, water
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    massive headache today...UGH, gonna have to dig deep to get things done today,
  • Ratches
    Options
    no fast food or fried food - check
    water in take - check
    protein at every meal- check

• mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 4: 841 calories burned. No fast or fried foods, protein with each meal, apple/berries, water
    Day 5: 473 calories burned. Better than I thought I would do with the headache so I'm okay with it. No fast or fried foods, protein with each meal, apple/berries, water
  • Ratches
    Options
    still struggling with carbs
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 5: 473 calories burned. Better than I thought I would do with the headache so I'm okay with it. No fast or fried foods, protein with each meal, apple/berries, water
    Day 6: 695 calories burned. I need to get on a better schedule. I'm all up and down with my activity level. No fried food but I did have Subway for lunch, protein with each meal, apple, and water done.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Day 6: 695 calories burned. I need to get on a better schedule. I'm all up and down with my activity level. No fried food but I did have Subway for lunch, protein with each meal, apple, and water done.
    Day 7: 567 calories burned. protein check, apple check, no fast or fried foods check, water....not so much.

4018 calories burned for the week.
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Calories burned this week

Day 1 365
    Day 2 371
    Day 3 1014
    Day 4 1268
    Day 5 475
    Day 6 366
    Day 7 808
    4667 calories burned this week ! My big calorie burner this week was shoveling snow, we've had 3 snow storms in the past week, and I have a long, wide driveway.

Also, I consumed no fast food, no fried food, protein every meal, however I did treat myself to a glass of wine with dinner a couple times, and also has 3 small chocolate bars (the one bite size). Overall, it was a good week

• mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    Way to go!! Shoveling snow is a great exercise, not much fun but a great calorie burner. Good job this week!
  • Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    wow you all have full respect from me.
    Getting up in 400 - 500 calories burned is a lot for me.
    Getting up in 600 a day I just did when being on vecation and having all day to use.

When it comes to non exercise Challenge I have done better though
    Water before each meal all days, no fast Food, carrots, orange or clementine each day (in stead of apple), and there have been protein in all my meals :)