Jan. 6th goals

Options
marygirl05
marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
Goals for today

1. work out with the group from work (if I cant make it due to cold we only heat with wood then I will run on the treadmill for 30 mins)
2. drink extra water today
3. eat healthy
4. watch my carb intake
5. stay within calories

Hope everyone has a great day and if it cold were you are -8 this morning and -11 by the time i got to work, stay warm.

Replies

• goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My Goals for Jan 6
    • Walk 10,000 steps
    • Do 2 miles with Leslie Sansone
    • Fix a healthy dinner/clean up after
    • Empty the basket of 'junk'
    • Cover R's window

My Goals for Jan 5 were:
    Walk 10,000 steps
    Do two miles with Leslie Sansone
    Fix a healthy dinner
    Clean up the dinner mess
    Do 2 loads of laundry
    Read from my devotional before going to bed
    I was able to accomplish all of these goals!! :)

• marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My Goals for Jan 6
    • Walk 10,000 steps
    • Do 2 miles with Leslie Sansone
    • Fix a healthy dinner/clean up after
    • Empty the basket of 'junk'
    • Cover R's window

My Goals for Jan 5 were:
    Walk 10,000 steps
    Do two miles with Leslie Sansone
    Fix a healthy dinner
    Clean up the dinner mess
    Do 2 loads of laundry
    Read from my devotional before going to bed
    I was able to accomplish all of these goals!! :)

that is great that you got all of that done yesterday. Great job.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I wonder why posting my goals on here works better than having a list at home? I caught myself heading to be last night and going through the list in my head to make sure I had completed it! As long as I do it, right?
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably with my yesterday goals because I was too tired from my sleepless night (I always have insomnia when I'm about to go back to work after a couple of days off, I don't know why). I didn't workout, I didn't do my chores (well, I folded a couple of pieces of clothes, but my hubby asked me to stop and take time to rest), but I was under my calorie goal (at least).

Here's my goals for today:

1) Log accurately (almost everything is prelogged, thanks to the fact that I had to bring breakfast and lunch to work this morning)
    2) Workout (I did it already! first time in the gym to start Stronglifts 5 x 5)
    3) Complete assignment 2 and 3 for the January Cure of Apartment Therapy
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Congrats on accomplishing everything! I'm glad posting it here is helpful to you.

I did most of mine yesterday, but did not manage to get in my evening swim or get to bed at a reasonable hour, both due to the same cause which I complained about on my log already--I had a work project turned over to me at 5 pm yesterday (I was waiting for it all day and of course not being as productive on other things as I should have been in the meantime), and got stuck at work 'til 10. To make it worse it had started snowing so took me an hour to get home (normally I'd be able to grab a cab and charge it back and get home in 15 mins, but there were no available cabs to be found). I had not expected to be at work late, so didn't have any food there. Wow, was I tempted to eat the food that was available (cookies, chips, candy, chocolates), but I did not, and ate a normal dinner when I got home (luckily I don't mind eating late).

Today I brought some extra food in addition to my lunch, just in case: a banana plus some protein bar-type stuff that I can just leave here for whenever. I used to be good about keeping that kind of food here--also nuts and yogurt--but somehow fell out of the habit and I missed it!

Also, my house seems to be falling apart in that everything seems to need to be fixed at the worse possible time, but that's a separate issue I will leave for now. ;-)

Today's goals are simple (and similar):

1) Do some sort of cardio or a yoga class (doesn't have to be much, I'm okay with making it mostly a rest day, but the slippery sidewalks are making outside walking difficult so I want to do something).

2) Stay within calories and avoid sweets (my January project still). Log as perfectly as possible.

3) Get to bed at a reasonable hour and get 6 hours of sleep.

4) No caffeine after noon (I'm not at all sure this matters for me, but I'm testing it) and no diet soda. Keep track of the actual water I drink rather than just estimating.

5) Take a couple minutes to journal before bed and do the Examen.
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I accomplished my goals. I was happy about that.
    Today my goals are
    1)drink lots of water
    2) take my vitamins ,I forgot the last couple of days oops.
    3) do a kettlebell workout
    4) go for a walk
    5) log everything I eat
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I wonder why posting my goals on here works better than having a list at home? I caught myself heading to be last night and going through the list in my head to make sure I had completed it! As long as I do it, right?

I find posting them on here makes me feel more accountable then just writing out. I dont know if its just because others can see it but if it works..Yay!

The only thing I didnt complete on my list from yesterday was start cleaning the chin room. Although I did go in there but got side tracked and started playing on my tablet rather then just loading pandora. Also I was way way way under calories thanks to forgetting to eat at work and then going to the dentist. I think I had maybe 650 calories for the day! I cant wait for all these dentist appts to be over I have another tomorrow and two more next week...stupid cavities all from me putting off going to the dentist.

Todays goals are going to be almost a carbon copy of yesterdays. With the added step goal since despite it being in the teens later and snowing I am still going to do my walks at the resuce. Those pups still need love and time outside despite the weather.

1. drink my 3 water bottles 28oz before the dentist. (finish one before noon, one before I leave work & one when I get home)
    2. no junk food
    3. 7.5k steps (cold and snow so not going to push it to much)
    4. work on organizing the chin room which has become my junk room
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    • My Goals:
    1) Plan out my meals for the next day
    2) Stay within my calories
    3) Exercise
    4) Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water
    5) Do laundry
    6) Make dinner for the family (since we are all getting healthy together I need to COOK everything, if not, they eat crap!)
  • LittleMy2014
    LittleMy2014 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This evening I will go dancing. I may have to walk there as my usual lift is unwell, but if I do that is a twentyfive minute walk, mainly uphill, so good exercise.

I will not have a biscuit with my cup of tea during our break.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I did okay yesterday - not great. Made my exercise goal, but went over calories.

Todays goal:

1) Exercise - yeah, already done :)
    2) Stay in calorie range
    3) No soda