Advice on best meal replacements?

Options
On the go mom starting out on a goal to lose 40 lbs in 6 months, and need good suggestions on which meal replacements are best?

Replies

• jenediger
    jenediger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually do not like the texture of any of the shakes. My advice would be to make sure to get a blender bottle so that they get mixed up enough to not have chunks of powder still in them. I feel like, ingredient wise, they are all very similar, so I would choose one that is affordable and has a flavor you like!
  • greenigurl28
    Options
    I am curious about this as well. Which meal replacements that are affordable are people using? Ive heard alot of people use Shakeology but thats out of my budget.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have just started doing meal replacement protein shakes. We've found some great recipes.. Haven't been doing it long enough to give you any results yet.. but it does help us get a meal in when otherwise we may skip a meal! Please feel free to add me!
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been using Ideal Shape. I think that it works out to be $1.50 a shake. But I found that I don't like the taste much so I have been adding PB2 (powdered PB) and suddenly the shakes are much tastier. I agree with magnalfamily about the blender bottle. It really helps make the shake a shake.
  • alleycat55
    alleycat55 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recently started drinking Shakeology. I like the chocolate kind blended with banana and PB2. I don't like the strawberry and vanilla kinds very much though. Also, it's expensive so I'm not sure how long I will continue. For protein shakes, my favorite is Syntha 6 strawberry, but I just mixed that with milk and didn't drink it as a meal replacement.
  • sarstar1
    sarstar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why not look into doing healthy smoothies instead? Blender bottle still helpful for that, but I think it is cheaper and tastes much better. Healthy breakfast to go! More sustainable too if you only need to replace one meal.