Introduce yourself! Anything you'd like to share!

Options
sasbw27
sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
Hello all,

I live and work in CT. I have two children in elementary and high school. I'm a part time college student as well. Every year my weight sky rockets during the fall and winter. I'm talking a weight gain of 18 lbs this year. Generally it's between 10 and 15 lbs. I lose all motivation after the summer is over and everything goes down hill. I am ready to begin to get this weight off. I started working working out on new year's day. I haven't changed my diet yet but that's my next step. I've been on MFP off and on for several years. I am always successful when I am consistently tracking my diet and exercise on this site and staying under my calorie goals. That's what I intend to do. This month I hope to lose 5 lbs. I'm starting at 163 lbs.

Replies

• Dianeadean
    Options
    Hi I would like to join this board. I just started the 21 day fix and am hoping to lose about 15 lbs. I have 3 kids and attend grad school in CT as well. Looking forward to all the support for each other!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for starting this challenge @sasbw27. It's exactly what I need. Like you, I've been on and off MFP for several years, and when I'm on, it's a sure-fire way to get results! I had my best success after having my second baby over three years ago. I got down to my pre-baby/goal weight and have since put on 10 lbs. I keep gaining and losing the same 5-6 lbs of that 10 lbs. Breaking that cycle now! I'm starting at 164 lbs and hope to be 155 lbs by the Spring. Looking forward to this and staying accountable to you all!
  • Kim_TX
    Kim_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Kim and I am in Texas. I have been eating right and working out for the past year and have lost 30 lbs so far but I need to lose about 45 more. I am a wife, mom of 4, I work full time, and I attend online college part time. This keeps me very busy and I really try to squeeze in as much working out as I can but it can be a challenge. I am starting at 185 and would like to get down to 140. I am looking forward to meeting you all :)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am looking forward to being in this group. I had great success using MFP but this past year I have managed to gain pretty much all the weight I lost. I am looking to starting this year off to a healthier and happier me. My name is Raquel and I am a 30 year old mommy of 2 children (boy 8 and girl 5) and I also have my other babies (my 3 dogs...3yrs, 2 yrs and 6 month old). I work full time and between juggling work and my children I am also looking into going back to school. I know I can make the time to workout....I just somehow lost the motivation somewhere along the way. Anyway, cheers to our journey and success together in this group. I am starting off at 160.2 lbs and I am 5'2".
  • Diaryofadillydallier
    Options
    Hi Everybody, joined this group because I need to have someone to be accountable to! I have a hard time getting started and sticking to it...hopefully this group will do the trick. I had some health issues in 2014 that got me thinking about the future and where I would like to be health-wise. Also I am getting married Nov 2015 in Punta Cana. I am 34, 5'-3", currently 169.4lbs (As of monday Jan 5th 2015, 7:00am) My Ultimate Goal Weight is 130lbs, but I would Like to be at least down to 140-145 range by Oct
  • vivian_raysin
    Options
    Hi everybody...need to lose atleast 50 lbs this year...i'm 34 and currently weigh 204 lbs...need to be part of a group to keep me motivated...this group would be a good way to start so looking forward to it...all the best to everyone...
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Hi all and welcome! So glad to have some people to chat with. It looks like we have some super busy mom's here but yes we can do it.

@Diaryofadillydallier‌ Congratulations! :D That's a motivator like nothing else. I remember preparing for my wedding in 2011. I started right around where you're starting and got down to 142 in a six month period. You'll have great success by exercising and using MFP!
  • Diaryofadillydallier
    Options
    @sasbw27 Thanks! Hopefully I can get down to 140 or so in six months.. I was a constant 130-140 always until 7 years ago when I moved to a new city and I gained a bunch of weight and I haven't been able to get down past 150 since.
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Renée and I live in Alberta Canada. I am a mother of 2 (16 & 11) and a shift worker. My greatest motivation is my wedding coming up in Sept 2015. My biggest hurdles will be my son (11) moving in with his father next week and my move across country this spring. Best of luck to everyone!
  • oakhill_hokie
    oakhill_hokie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all...late joiner here, but this is just the motivation I'm looking for! I'm 5'2 and hovering around 140, my goal is to get to 120 by June 1st. I have 2 boys (11 and 14) and work full time. For me, I really need that accountability to someone other than just myself! Good luck to everyone...we can do this!
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Welcome ladies :D Congratulations @Renee0887! :D
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Can I start or is it closed now?
  • Diaryofadillydallier
    Options
    @hollyelise68 I'm going to assume you can as we are start a new month soon...but that's really a question for @sasbw27
  • PandraBear
    PandraBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kris. I was hoping to join in. I fell off the tracking wagon and am kicking myself back into it, but I've missed the starting point for several challenge groups. Can I be added for February or should I keep looking? @sasbw27‌
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Yes, please do. Welcome to the group! Feel free to create new topics on our group board and add your name to our weigh in chart.
  • Ameerah214
    Options
    Hi! I recently moved from New York to Louisiana for work and graduate study. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with the area so I don't do much outside of school and work. Since I'm not very active, I've begun to progressively gain weight which I can no longer deny. I can no longer blame my small jeans on the dryer or clothing company........lol. Nor can I continue to count my "wiggle routine" getting into my clothes as exercise for the day :) No more excuses. Happy, Healthy Living Everyone!
  • sasbw27
    Options
    Welcome Ameerah214, nice to have you with us!