Back after baby. Hello again!

Options
I was in this group last year. I lost around 15 lbs and then unexpectedly got pregnant. Now I am back. Baby was born in October. I am nursing and not taking metformin while baby is exclusively nursing. We are done having kids. I am looking for supportive friends who are weight loss focused, not necessarily focused on ovulating and conceiving (although I welcome you, too!)

Replies

• MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome back, FR sent.
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm wondering how your nursing experience is going? I had a lot of difficulty nursing with my health and I wonder if it was related to PCOS.
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm wondering how your nursing experience is going? I had a lot of difficulty nursing with my health and I wonder if it was related to PCOS.

My cousin-in-law has PCOS and had trouble nursing both her babies. It was really bad with baby #1. According to what she was told - after months of stress about not being able to properly nurse her baby - low milk production can be a side effect of PCOS.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I did successfully nurse my daughter. I didn't have a ton of milk but I pumped from day one to try to help. However as soon as I tried to restrict calories to lose while breastfeeding my milk would plummet.
  • meiningerm1
    meiningerm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just back after babies too!! I have 8 month old b/g twins (that darned Clomid). Welcome back!

I was not able to nurse. I did everything I could for my babies for 9 weeks and had to call it. Good luck to everyone!
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had trouble nursing as well. My baby was 7 weeks premature so she had trouble latching and then my production was low on top of that. I took Mother's Milk tincture and that helped somewhat. I pumped, which gave us most of a feeding's worth of milk and then we'd supplement formula when that ran out.
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was able to for 6 months, but he was often very fussy (maybe it was just him) and nothing they told me about nursing happened - I didn't lose weight despite watching my intake, my cycles didn't stop - not even once! In fact they seemed worse! It was very disappointing. Finally I couldn't keep up with his needs. Six months was okay anyway I guess.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I never thought about nursing difficulties being related to PCOS. That would have explained so much! I'm also completely done with kiddos, so anyone else in this boat feel free to add me, too!