Can't Sync

Options
Hey guys,
Not sure what I'm missing but I feel like I have tried everything and I can't get my fitbit to sync with my MFP account. It shows up but the steps always remain at zero.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Verify your accounts are connected: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

In the MFP app, go to More > Steps > Fitbit
  • Daylily430
    Daylily430 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem yesterday, but today it seems to be working although I cannot get any steps or floors to update for yesterday.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fitbit had problems connecting this time last year. Maybe MFP's servers get overwhelmed by all the new users?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    there were problems all day yesterday that could've been the cause
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing between Fitbit and MFP either. I was just going to post to see if this was just me or across the board. I had no problems yesterday, but this morning's exercise isn't showing up on MFP and my food diary isn't showing on Fitbit. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the sync, but no luck. Maybe it will be fixed by this afternoon.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Someone had suggested this (I don't remember who) and it actually works.
    Rather than unlinking/relinking your accounts over and over again, you can do this instead:

Enter an activity on the Fitbit side. For example, I entered a 15 minute driving activity.
    MFP then IMMEDIATELY received an updated calorie adjustment.
    Then I deleted the activity on the Fitbit side, and MFP IMMEDIATELY received the new adjustment.
    It was explained that Fitbit thinks it has already synched the adjustment with MFP when it really hasn't. So by entering an activity on that side, it forces the sync.

In my opinion, much easier "fix" than unlinking/relinking your accounts repeatedly.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    Rather than unlinking/relinking your accounts over and over again, you can do this instead:

Enter an activity on the Fitbit side. For example, I entered a 15 minute driving activity.
    Then I deleted the activity on the Fitbit side, and MFP IMMEDIATELY received the new adjustment.
    It was explained that Fitbit thinks it has already synched the adjustment with MFP when it really hasn't. So by entering an activity on that side, it forces the sync.

In my opinion, much easier "fix" than unlinking/relinking your accounts repeatedly.

Didn't work for me :(. I still didn't get the sync at MFP. Boo. Thanks for the tip, though!
  • CM9178
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »

Didn't work for me :(. I still didn't get the sync at MFP. Boo. Thanks for the tip, though!

Hmm.. that's weird it works for me. Do you have negative calories enabled?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »

Hmm.. that's weird it works for me. Do you have negative calories enabled?

I do! And I definitely deserve one right now, haha. Maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows. Either way, I'll just keep an eye on my dashboard til it's fixed, not a huge deal.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit hasn't' synced with MFP since last night. I have been using my Fitbit for about 9 months now and this is the first time it hasn't synced for an extended period of time. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Kidominos wrote: »
    My Fitbit hasn't' synced with MFP since last night. I have been using my Fitbit for about 9 months now and this is the first time it hasn't synced for an extended period of time. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
    Try the "fix" i posted above.

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Lump me into those who haven't had a successful sync since last night. I've unsynced, resynced, logged out, logged in, etc, etc, etc.

I know it'll come back eventually. It always does, but it's still frustrating since I rely pretty heavily on the calorie adjustment to help me set my eating goal for the day.
  • kjsmith91
    Options
    Having the same problems as well! Tried everything! Hopefully it will be back up and running soon! Glad I'm not the only person who relies so heavily on it!!
  • CM9178
    Options
    I tried my "Fix" again by adding a fake activity on Fitbit side, and once again, it forced the sync with MFP, then I just removed it and it synced again. It still isn't syncing on its own but at least I can get it to force without unlinking/relinking 42 times.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Kidominos wrote: »
    Try the "fix" i posted above.

Your fix isn't working for me :(
  • Julie05141
    Options
    The fix isn't working for me, either :(
  • jeanmacdermott
    jeanmacdermott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone here. I guess I should just be patient but I like seeing what I'm doing in both places. Hope it's fixed soon. .
  • tomnibus
    tomnibus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The fix is not working for me.
  • magicmilox
    magicmilox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me to the chorus of fitbit users not able to sync since sometime last night.
  • ceejld
    ceejld Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just to add I've got the same problem too and have tried the fixes listed. Do MFP technical staff not read this? Between this thread and the previous one it's obvious there is a big problem, surely someone can give us an official response?