Can't Sync

Options

Replies

• amcswain01
    amcswain01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mines not working today all of the sudden either.
  • magicmilox
    magicmilox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also followed the steps from this link: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/9905767-fitbit-is-not-syncing-with-mfp

This did not force a sync or solve the problem.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    magicmilox wrote: »
    I also followed the steps from this link: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/9905767-fitbit-is-not-syncing-with-mfp

This did not force a sync or solve the problem.

Hey!!! ^^^that actually did work for me! Well, it forced a single sync (which I hadn't been able to do all day through any other means). I remain unconvinced that it will have "fixed" the problem - we'll see if it updates at all during the rest of the day.
  • agronx
    agronx Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just got my flex on Christmas. I have only received a partial sync on my calorie count. I have not even been able to tackle the activity sync yet. I put all of my food into MFP but it is not transferring over. Also I am confused by the section that says you are under budget and the calories it says you have left.

I have also tried the fixes listed above. Several times.
  • dougcooperatl
    dougcooperatl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So glad I found out that it's not just me. No fixes are working for me either.
  • georgia1957
    georgia1957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My not syncing today...figures they updated the app yesterday!! Frustrating..I added my steps and eliptical workout manually and it gave me credit... will try to send a message to the MFP help desk...
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I got a response over on the Fitbit message boards from a moderator yesterday. This is what he said:

There seems to be an issue with syncing information from Fitbit to MFP and vice versa. Do know that our engineers are aware and we're working on providing a fix for this soon. Thanks a lot for your patience and please let me know if you have any questions; I'm here to help.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    Just posted this on another thread in here, too, but....

Mine is actually working today!!!! Kept working after last night when I followed the tip to revoke access from the Fitbit side and then re-connect from the MFP side. Fingers crossed...
  • CM9178
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    Just posted this on another thread in here, too, but....

Mine is actually working today!!!! Kept working after last night when I followed the tip to revoke access from the Fitbit side and then re-connect from the MFP side. Fingers crossed...

I've done that at least 20 times, doesn't fix it permanently for me..
    ....because... this isn't a user side issue.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    ... this isn't a user side issue.

Oh, fully agreed. It's just as likely to have been a coincidence for me, too. But still, if it's working, I'll take it - like I said, fingers crossed that it stays that way (pure luck/chance that it even started again). Hopefully they get it fully straightened out soon.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I think a part of the problem is either of the sites don't confirm the sync was received successfully by the other side, or there is a confirmation it was received, but not applied to the account yet.

And then as observed by my suggestion, if no new data, the site feels no need to send what it thinks was successfully received already.

So I'm betting both sides (probably more on MFP side it sounds like), has a big temp data holding area, acknowledges data was received from 3rd party, but it actually hasn't successfully written it to the account yet.
    And then for whatever glitch, it doesn't actually get written.

Throw the apps in there and the fact there are app servers tied to account servers where the data really resides - now you got some great confusion going on for a simple hiccup.
    - This is more like a belch though.
  • CM9178
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I think a part of the problem is either of the sites don't confirm the sync was received successfully by the other side, or there is a confirmation it was received, but not applied to the account yet.

And then as observed by my suggestion, if no new data, the site feels no need to send what it thinks was successfully received already.

So I'm betting both sides (probably more on MFP side it sounds like), has a big temp data holding area, acknowledges data was received from 3rd party, but it actually hasn't successfully written it to the account yet.
    And then for whatever glitch, it doesn't actually get written.

Throw the apps in there and the fact there are app servers tied to account servers where the data really resides - now you got some great confusion going on for a simple hiccup.
    - This is more like a belch though.

yea, one that happens way too often. Obviously, whatever they are doing to fix this every time it happens, isn't fixing it permanently.
  • alewis93
    alewis93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just found this post...see others having the same issue. I sure wish it would work!!! The "fix" does not work for me either.
  • heskey1109
    heskey1109 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had this in the summer and also happened last week where I had to constantly link and re-link. I couldn't remember what I did to fix but just remembered.

To get mine working again, if you un-link and re-link again so that you force a sync, go into fitbit.com on the website, click on the cog in the corner so you can then click settings, on the menu on the left go into applications. If you force the un-link via fitbit rather than myfitnessspal that seemed to sort it for me.

I'm now syncing on the hoof again!

I think it's something to do with the error or something being stuck on the fitbit side and by unlinking from myfitnesspal won't sort it - doing it from fitbit seemed to clear it (for me anyway). Good luck!
  • tomnibus
    tomnibus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very Frustrating that it's been over a week without syncing between FitBit and MFP (and I have tried it all) and still no fix. MFP and Fitbit aren't even acknowledging the problem from what I can see.
  • CM9178
    Options
    heskey1109 wrote: »
    I had this in the summer and also happened last week where I had to constantly link and re-link. I couldn't remember what I did to fix but just remembered.

To get mine working again, if you un-link and re-link again so that you force a sync, go into fitbit.com on the website, click on the cog in the corner so you can then click settings, on the menu on the left go into applications. If you force the un-link via fitbit rather than myfitnessspal that seemed to sort it for me.

I'm now syncing on the hoof again!

I think it's something to do with the error or something being stuck on the fitbit side and by unlinking from myfitnesspal won't sort it - doing it from fitbit seemed to clear it (for me anyway). Good luck!

Mine has been working now for awhile again, But, this doesn't always fix it.
    I had tried this at least 20 times last week, it doesn't always work. When something is broke on the server side, nothing we do is going to fix it permanently, it will just keep breaking until they fix their side.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My device isn't syncing with the dongle or site at ALL. i've had the flex for less than 5 months and i am experiencing the same issues as i had with the One from years ago. I am very angry that i spent so much $ on this device and it is failing again.
  • LeafChaser
    LeafChaser Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MFP won't sync with Fitbit.I followed the tip to revoke access from the Fitbit side and then re-connect from the MFP side. I have not gotten them to sync for the last 2 weeks. Any suggestions?
  • drakinn
    Options
    on your phone go to mfp steps and make sure your fitbit is the selected device
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Drakinn..my sync stopped..... and turning off and on the steps to track in the MFP app worked. Thanks!